Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who here has a half windshield, what brand did you go with, what did it cost, and what are your + & - about it?

·
Registered
601 Posts
I've got the Can-am oem half windshield. Bought at msrp whatever that is. It doesn't seem to work that well, although I can't actually tell as I always ride with a full helmet. It has a bit of vision distortion in the upper curve so I'd go with a flat one that several companies make.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
The Canam is a waste of money. The upper bend distorts your view its not hard coated and its shorter than competitors half windshield. Have two collecting dust in the corner.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I've got the Can-am oem half windshield. Bought at msrp whatever that is. It doesn't seem to work that well, although I can't actually tell as I always ride with a full helmet. It has a bit of vision distortion in the upper curve so I'd go with a flat one that several companies make.
The Canam is a waste of money. The upper bend distorts your view its not hard coated and its shorter than competitors half windshield. Have two collecting dust in the corner.
Agreed. The distortion is awful especially when cresting a hill or trying to maneuver thru tight spots. At speed with the seat in the upper position the wind is in my face at 6'2". It looks good on the car though. If I could make a choice now I would not buy it and look for a flat one you can see through and kicks the wind over ya.
I'll find the pict I took that shows the distortion and post it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have the Can Am tinted and although it looks great I too don't like the distortion from the curve, especially going over hills. I'm probably going take mine off, waste of money. Plus it's getting hot here in the desert so I want the wind to blow on me :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts