Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spent a few days there before New Years with some friends and had a great time. Our camp had 2 RZR4-XP900s, 1 XP4K, 1 MavMax and my XRS Mav plus my son on his Raptor quad. Lots of riding with no mechanical problems on any car except the MavMax stuck it in a witches eye while leading between the flag pole and China Wall. Bent the tie rod bad but I had a spare. Also broke the cage on right front inner CV so we pulled the axle and wrapped it up. Cut 1/2 a empty Monster can in there and taped it up good. He rode it hard 2 more days in 2 wheel drive with knobbies and led us on some great rides still. I spent the weekend on knobbies also in 4WD and just loved it. Even my wife enjoyed it with the help of motion sickness pills and that's saying something! New Year's Eve we left camp in the morning and hit all the main spots before returning to camp 8 hours later. Epic ride!
Just wanted to post and say that you can run a stone stock vehicle farily hard in the dunes without breaking anything. After all the clutch issues others have had I get more confident each time I take mine out. Maybe I'm not flogging it hard enough but with all this power I never feel I need to.

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Glad your trip was a good one. I was there as well, and rode the snot out of mine without issues as well. The power and reliability of these things is awesome. :cool2:

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
that is awesome...glad the trip was a success for the family!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts