Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2018.5 Can Am Maverick X3 XRS
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, I went out to the desert this weekend, and fired up the Can-Am and it was idling very rough, and then the engine light came on. The code was P0301 and the more I ran the engine the smoother the engine got. I think it came down to bad fuel and not running it enough. By the end of the trip I could run at full throttle no problem. Has Anyone else had this problem before? BTW it’s probably the crappy California fuel that I’ve been running in it.
Thanks,
Jason

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
The latest formulations of fuel seem to have a poor “shelf-life” and degrade quickly. If you don’t ride that often or know it’s going to sit for more than 2 or 3 weeks, add some sta-bil and top off the tank to keep the fuel fresh. It happens more often than it should.

·
Premium Member
2018.5 Can Am Maverick X3 XRS
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, that's what I thought was happening, but I have no clue how to drain the tank or at the injector rail. If anyone has instructions on how to do that, it would be very helpful?? thx

·
Premium Member
2,158 Posts
I used a siphon. Worked pretty good. Still left just a touch in bottom of tank but top it off with fresh 93 been fine ever since

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
As stated above, a siphon would be your best bet. Cheap and easily available from Harbor Freight. As for the injector rail, I don’t think I would be too concerned about the small amount of fuel left in there. Get out as much of the old stuff as you can, fill with fresh from the best brand you can get, add some fuel injector cleaner and Sta-Bil and run it after you clear the code.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts