Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put my turnkey Sport doors on and it turned into a pretty good task but I got them on. They fit pretty good I like the looks of them the only problem I have with them is my seats touch one of the door bars slightly. I was wondering if anyone else has this issue, it's not bad I just afraid it will rub a hole in it over time.

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Mine don't touch the seats untill you sit in them. I would have liked a bit more clearance, but after 400 or so miles since i put them on I don't see any signs of wear on the seats.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Mine as well when I sit in them. The driver's side is worse than the passenger side. Dont have much time on them yet so cant comment on whether they will rub a hole in the seats. I was worried about the same thing so I'm glad to hear that Andy already has 400 miles on them with no problems. My biggest problem now with the doors is that they were a PITA to install those things. Had to make several modifications and grind some of the metal sheeting down on the driver's side door. The passenger side seemed to fit very well right out of the box.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had issues getting the striker lined up on both sides sides but after some bending little grinding and some cussing I got them working fine. I just hope after beating them around riding thet don't give issues staying lined up. I'm happy with them so far though.

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
I think we all had some issues getting the strickers lined up. I had to ream all the holes on both strikers a good 1/2" (enlongated them) to get the strikers to move forward enough for the latches to catch. I also had to trim the driver side door skin so the door would open without scraping the plastic. After several hundred miles, mine have held thier alignment perfect.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts