Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Vendor
6,221 Posts
1 or 2 HP at best with a fair amount of heat reduction back there. The design of the pipe after the cat is terrible. You'll see when you gut it.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
No issues with it opened up. benefits tho.
A few guys on here have opened them up without any problems.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok well iam thinking of building a 3/4 system and wanting to know if ill be Into fuel controllers and such if I open it up alot

·
Registered
85 Posts
Just get a dobeck Gen 4 af+ and u will be set. $350

·
Vendor
6,221 Posts
I dont think a cat delete is going to change things enough to really need a tuner, although if you open up the intake and do the cat delete it would probably be a good idea to have one.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I dont think a cat delete is going to change things enough to really need a tuner, although if you open up the intake and do the cat delete it would probably be a good idea to have one.
Well I have a k and n filter installed. .......

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
SLOPPY BOX

lol

·
Vendor
6,221 Posts
Well I have a k and n filter installed. .......
Intake meaning a full system that is an improvement over stock. I wouldn't consider a filter swap a mod worthy of a tuner paired with a gutted cat or cat delete.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Intake meaning a full system that is an improvement over stock. I wouldn't consider a filter swap a mod worthy of a tuner paired with a gutted cat or cat delete.
Sorry just to clarify iam planning on building a 3/4 system along with a k&n filter

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well I gutted my cats....that stuff definitely doesn't fall out...WOW I beat the sh$ t outta it!!

·
Vendor
6,221 Posts
I use a drill bit and drill in as far as I can and them use a chisel in the air hammer and go to town. It's a pain.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I'm to assume the pipes have to come off to get this crap out of the cats, correct? When I was growing up, we owned an exhaust shop. We would cut the exhaust pipe behind the cat, ram a crowbar in there to bast the ceramic up, then start the engine to blow it out. I'm just wondering if it can be done this way or if it has to be removed to bust out the junk. I've got HMF slips ons on mine. Does it make it louder at all cleaning them out?

Thanks!
Buster

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm to assume the pipes have to come off to get this crap out of the cats, correct? When I was growing up, we owned an exhaust shop. We would cut the exhaust pipe behind the cat, ram a crowbar in there to bast the ceramic up, then start the engine to blow it out. I'm just wondering if it can be done this way or if it has to be removed to bust out the junk. I've got HMF slips ons on mine. Does it make it louder at all cleaning them out?

Thanks!
Buster
Just undo the 3 bolts after the resonators amd u can pull the whole assembly right out then go to town on it. Do it when ur pissed off at the wife...lol makes beating out the cat more appealing :furious:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts