Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have purchased the full front gusset kit. Does the kit fit with the winch in place or are there mods I must make to fit in all gusset plates?

·
Registered
78 Posts
From what I understand the gusset set does not work with standard winch mounting plate. Some mods are required. I think utv inc was looking at making a combination of the 2 in one

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
If you buy the UTV Inc winch mount kit, it has the parts to replace what you wont use on your gusset kit. I ask about a combo or deluxe kit that would include parts of both kits to get the best of both worlds but UTV Inc. has no plans right now to create such a kit. I think the issue is they already have quite a few in inventory of both kits and do not want to waste their inventory.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I bought the gusset kit frm UTV inc., I should have asked them that question at the time, never thought about it then. Looks like I'll have to put my fab skills to work.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I would get the gusset kit installed first and then figure out how to mount your wench.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Good luck getting assembling the rear lower support. Desertdog and I both had issues. Actually, I still do until I hear from UTV Inc.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ya I saw the pics where the part didn't fit, I like the weld and grind solution, good thinking.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
If you have a problem with the gusset kit, let UTV Inc know about it. They need to fix their manufacturing process.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
UPS says it will be here by the 22nd, so if I do I will call them directl, I think I spoke with Willy, he was pretty decent to talk to.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Ya I saw the pics where the part didn't fit, I like the weld and grind solution, good thinking.
Yeah I was very frustrated with it on saturday when I was trying to get it installed. Then on Sunday, after a good nights sleep I came up with the idea of making the wholes bigger and then welding them in. Worked perfect. It only took about an 1 1/2 hrs to complete and install. Much better than sending it back and waiting for them to send me a new one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts