Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've noticed must the guys that are riding in mud don't have the gusset braces for there machines. Is this a mod mainly for the dunes? I have one I bought but my riding buddies are saying it will just be another thing to catch and hold the mud up in and under the chassis. What do you guys think? If you mainly ride in mud, with No jumping do you need one? I thought it would help when hitting stumps but I could be wrong....

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
anything to strengthen suspension points when you hit a stump or rock is well worth the cleanning hassle. Would you rather have a broken super clean machine or a pita to clean and working UTV?

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, cool that's what I was thinking too. They said the same thing when I put the skids on the a/arms too. Yea mud gets caught up In there but it's worth the protection. They were saying it won't give me much protection it's more for jumping n things of that sort.
Thanks Mega this is why I joined the forum cause sometimes I feel like they will give bad advice instead of just saying I Don't Know Man.

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
Ok, cool that's what I was thinking too. They said the same thing when I put the skids on the a/arms too. Yea mud gets caught up In there but it's worth the protection. They were saying it won't give me much protection it's more for jumping n things of that sort.
Thanks Mega this is why I joined the forum cause sometimes I feel like they will give bad advice instead of just saying I Don't Know Man.
oh fawk you are ruining my rep. I just might have to delete my reply and add an eff you for riding in the mud. haha

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lol, its all we got over here. Trust me I wish we still had some nice open areas to really ride in n open up the machine but the state took em from us around the time they said no more two strokes so....

·
Vendor
6,219 Posts
anything to strengthen suspension points when you hit a stump or rock is well worth the cleanning hassle. Would you rather have a broken super clean machine or a pita to clean and working UTV?
Yup, X3

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Awesome, it goes on then. Thank you very much!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts