Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so, i was out yesterday trying out my new new paddles,and i stopped to shift from low to high, when i got moving to about 30 or so i heard horrific grinding so i stopped as quickly as possible thinking here we go again,i thought for sure something came apart but i put it back in low and everything seemed fine so i kept driving and eventually put it back in high and kept driving for a while and everything seems to be fine. what the hell happened ? just when i started to regain some confidence in this thing . just so you know the gearbox completely failed on my first very first ride and had to be replaced under warranty.i am really starting to regret getting rid of my quad.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
ive seen ur post its weird and sucks but seams so far ur the only one having this funky problem , keep driving it hard don't worry , u will either find it for sure or it wont happen again :)

mine's made sum funny grinding from the gears from going to D from R , or to L ., just for a second on take off once or twice just run it thru the gears at a full stop take off easy at first then let it rip some times u switch gears when there's pressure on the drive system and u switch gears but half the other parts r still in other gear takes a second to switch over , but going 30 and it doing is weird did u get something jammed in the rear wheel ?

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no, nothing in the wheel.this is the first time it has done anything weird since the gearbox was replaced.but i still haven't even hit 300 miles due to losing a whole month of good riding from the first repair.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Your shifter may need to be adjusted since its been apart once already. Ive seen this alot on quads. Not shifting lever into gear all the way kinda stuck inbetween causing the noise.

Reactions: bulldogs101

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
ya sounds like it wasn't fully in gear , check linkage !

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i am hoping that it just wasn't engaged all the way for some reason, i kept driving it after that with no problem.

·
Registered
548 Posts
You gotta double clutch it when you shift from L to H :crazy:

Reactions: ogduner

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
After that event, I'd dump the oil and see if there are any metallic chunks or debris in it. Then refill with some good quality synthetic lube like Amsoil or Royal Purple.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
yeah i was granny shifting,maybe that was the problem. lol
Had this happen on a machine of mine as well. The linkage needed and adjustment. It almost like gets stuck between the two forward ranges and makes a hell of a ratcheting sound. Get your linkage dialed in and you will be a happy camper!

Reactions: Benzo and ogduner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts