Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope someone can help.

I had been riding all day with no issues. I went to get on it in low gear and it started making this loud grinding noise like it wasn't in gear. I immediately stopped the bike shifted to neutral then back to low. The bike started to move but then began to make the same noise again. The bike will now not move forward or backwards when giving gas, it just revs up but no movement. I can still shift into park, neutral, reverse, high, and low with no problem but the bike will not move when giving it gas. I had to be towed out.

I am new to this and not that mechanically inclined but Im thinking maybe the belt tore? I don't know where the grinding (metal on metal sound) would come from though?

·
Administrator
2,350 Posts
What year and model is it?

Sounds like the tranny was in between gears when making that sound, and could be you need a new shift cable is all....a real quick DIY job to replace and adjust.

EDIT....just seen your intro thread and your 2014 OG Maverick may need a new cable as mentioned.

·
Premium Member
7,869 Posts
I find when my bike makes those noises the chain has come off the sprocket. Watch out for those pretty tassels on your handle grips they tend to get caught in chain and cause a derailment.

Chain-off.jpg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts