Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unloaded at Pobrecito by Saguaro Lake Sunday morning. After all the rain Saturday night it was going to be an awesome ride. My son and a friend were home from college for spring break so we wanted to get in a nice dust free ride. My son was riding his Raptor quad, his buddy rode with me and my two friends were in a Rhino with long travel. The rain had polished the sand washes and they were a blast to slide through the corners and then my buddy slammed a rock that was buried in the side of a sand berm and broke the tie rod end. Then the wheel slammed over into the a arm and broke the tie rod perch off the spindle. He had a spare tie rod end but no way to repair the spindle so our day was done. Used a couple of ratchet straps to lock the wheel forward so he could crawl out towards the 4 peaks rd and my son and I went back to the truck to bring the trailer around. Didn't even get half the ride in but what we got was a blast! Can't remember the last ride I had where there was no dust and the temperature was perfect. Later my son was checking his Raptor because he said it had picked up rattle. Well he found he'd knocked a bolt off the a-arm guard and the guard was rattling. I glanced at it and said hey whatever knocked that bolt off bent the a-arm too. I think he hit the same rock that the Rhino pulled up out of the hole. Video shows he went right over it but he insists he didn't feel anything. Looks like that one rock took out 2 vehicles though so I've got to look for some parts now. It was worth it though and his college buddy, from Ohio, had never rode in anything like that before and he thought it was awesome. Looking forward to another great ride next weekend because my Mav ain't broke!

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
damn rocks , lol

·
Registered
363 Posts
F*ck that rock! :-/

1 - 3 of 3 Posts