Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum and have a question about mixing greases. Is it safe to mix green grease brand grease with the brp our mavs came with. Reason I ask is bc mine is squeaky and wanted to grease her up to see if that's the prob. Also anyone know exactly how many zirks we have? Thanks guys!

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Shouldn't be a problem. Much more harmful to have no grease than mixing grease.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I was thinking, but have heard mixing certain ones isn't good. Maybe ill just pump it till the new grease seeps out of the bushings to remove the old

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
All of the pivot points on the suspension arms and several on the drive shafts at each U-joint.

·
Registered
221 Posts
greasing every thing is always a good start, but i can almost bet u that the squeaking is coming from the shock bushing/bearing on there mounting bolts. thats where mine squeaked anyway.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
greasing every thing is always a good start, but i can almost bet u that the squeaking is coming from the shock bushing/bearing on there mounting bolts. thats where mine squeaked anyway.
X2 same here

·
Registered
876 Posts
What is everybody using for bushing grease? Green grease, Royal Purple, or Mystik JT-6 High temp, XPS?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Good to know about shock bushing. Mine has been squeaking from day one. I have greased everything I could find.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Good to know about shock bushing. Mine has been squeaking from day one. I have greased everything I could find.
If you haven't ever pulled the shocks off and greased your bushings, you may be in for a rude awakening. I suggest you do so as soon as possible as it is likely you have no grease in them and the bushings are toast. Check out the link below for info on this common problem.

http://www.maverickforums.net/forum/29-maverick-parts-products-accessories/3109-upgraded-shock-bushing-o-rings-2.html

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
yea, I think most everyone has reported theirs to be dry as a bone after their first inspection......

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
I had 2 shocks that did have a lubricant on them but very little and it was of wd-40 consistency. I did have the squeaky issue that everyone else had. I cleaned and lubricated all 4 shocks with Mobil 1 synthetic grease. No squeak anymore.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I have a good relationship with my dealership and the service manger there so I talked to him about it and he said he was going to add it to their assembly check list. The dealerships install the shocks but typically don't pull the bushings off to inspect. They are coming from FOX with a light lubricant on the spherical bearings. Can Am installs the inner and outer bushings and ships them with the vehicle.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Collected my XRS on Saturday and pulled the shocks of yesterday (Sunday) and the same as my last 2 Can Am products with Fox shocks they were bone dry....

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Collected my XRS on Saturday and pulled the shocks of yesterday (Sunday) and the same as my last 2 Can Am products with Fox shocks they were bone dry....
no surprise there.....put some good quality grease in there and you will save the bushings from seizing up but the stock O-rings are junk and let water and dirt get in the grease and contaminate it very quickly....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts