Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apologize in advance in this is a stupid question - but do you all have a preference when it comes to the type of grease you are using on the X3?

Thank you for the help in advance!

·
Registered
396 Posts
The kind of grease doesnt really matter as much as how often you grease it. I use amsoil water resistant grease.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
602 Posts
I use the Lucas red.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Mystic JT6. Been using it on my work truck for almost 20 years. 380,000 miles and still on the same u-joints, king pins and tie rod ends. Use it for trailer wheel bearing grease, too. Just say'in.

·
Premium Member
2,054 Posts
Lucas green and sticky

·
Premium Member
2,649 Posts
Can Am also "recommends" using there cheap, synthetic oil to break your motor in and not drop it for 1000 miles. Ridiculous ...

Lucas red, good choice. I've always used their break in oil over the years, high in phosphorus and zinc.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,054 Posts
I use AMSOIL DOMINATOR Synthetic Racing Grease.
Get it from someone with a dealer or commercial account, save yourself 40 - 60% +
I was watching the world utv races and didn't see any DOMINATOR CAR out there just 1 that couldn't steer straight

·
Registered
305 Posts
lucas red and tacky from advance auto here. use it in everything. even have a milwaukee m18 grease gun so i can get crazy with it.

steve

1 - 16 of 16 Posts