Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,841 Posts
Does the Bar 10 have more acomadations than the conastogas or community bunk rooms ? Such as private hotel like rooms. I like the ideal of the conastogas but the princess says no. Also do the wagons have power outlets cause when you get old you have to have machines to help you sleep (cpap).
Interesting you say that, because I sleep with one also, they have some bunk rooms with 2 sets of bunk beds, My son and I shared one and they had room to let us have the room to ourselves , I let them know ahead of time I need the inside room with an outlet. Tim

·
Registered
367 Posts
Me, the wife and three other friends took this ride a couple of months back and did it in one day! We left Mesquite about 0830 and got the river about 1 PM, had lunch and put some fuel in we took with us. Then we got back at 8PM. One guy didn't even put his fuel in and made it back with the light on for 35 miles. The round trip was 200 miles. Our two seat Mavs get good fuel mileage, but I still wouldn't go without fuel. This trip was a flash because we had to drive from Vegas and then back again after the ride. I also put it up there as one of ten best trips of my life. We will be doing this trip again in the spring when the weather warms up a little.
IMG_1675.JPG IMG_1676.JPG IMG_1662.JPG IMG_1663.JPG

·
Registered
100 Posts
We are going to be there the Saturday and Sunday before Labor Day sept 4. Riding out of st George. Bar 10 is going to let us park at their warehouse in st George and then take us outside of town to where it's legal to ride and then come get us when we get back 2 days later. For a fee. Does this sound right ? I can't ride the 5 miles thru st George legally?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Does this sound right? I can't ride the 5 miles thru st George legally?
Unless you are licensed and street legal in UT, then yes you cannot ride the 5 miles from their warehouse to the state line.

This is where their warehouse is

This is where you can start riding

Depending on how much their "fee" is, if you can find a place to park in Washington City you can drive on the roads there by simply having an off-road license, no street legal required. Then you can hook up with the same trailhead (second link above) via a slightly different route past the airport.

There are a ton of BLM roads on the way there but this is a general idea of the route from the St. George side.

·
Premium Member
10,018 Posts
Me, the wife and three other friends took this ride a couple of months back and did it in one day! We left Mesquite about 0830 and got the river about 1 PM, had lunch and put some fuel in we took with us. Then we got back at 8PM. One guy didn't even put his fuel in and made it back with the light on for 35 miles. The round trip was 200 miles. Our two seat Mavs get good fuel mileage, but I still wouldn't go without fuel. This trip was a flash because we had to drive from Vegas and then back again after the ride. I also put it up there as one of ten best trips of my life. We will be doing this trip again in the spring when the weather warms up a little.
View attachment 89946 View attachment 89954 View attachment 89962 View attachment 89970
Great pics! Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Unless you are licensed and street legal in UT, then yes you cannot ride the 5 miles from their warehouse to the state line.

This is where their warehouse is

This is where you can start riding

Depending on how much their "fee" is, if you can find a place to park in Washington City you can drive on the roads there by simply having an off-road license, no street legal required. Then you can hook up with the same trailhead (second link above) via a slightly different route past the airport.

There are a ton of BLM roads on the way there but this is a general idea of the route from the St. George side.
I really appreciate your response. The fee is 50 bucks each way. My thought on that is maybe it's a safe secure place to leave our vehicles and trailers for 2 days? I've never been out there so have no idea. As far as street legal goes, we are going to install a cheap turn signal and horn package off amazon or eBay. We already have windshields and mirrors. I've read a few different pages describing street legal and think that will cover us? We really don't want to get into any trouble. We will buy the utah out of state permit. This covers that area of Arizona as well?

We are thinking of staying at bar 10, 2 nights and just ride around out there. Is there enough riding to do there, or should we stay one day, and then head on over to the Paiute trail where we are going to spend the rest of the week?

I have been been wanting to do this ride for a few years. Finally got my guys to commit and we have a cabin at big rock candy resort booked for 4 nights starting Monday night but will arrive on Saturday. So need a couple days riding before we go to the Paiute.

·
Registered
100 Posts
You will need registration & plates too just like a car.
How do you go about getting an out of state machine registered and plates? I was told since my state doesn't register them, there wood be no plate or registration. We just need the side mirrors, horn, and turn signals. That said it seems everyone we have talked to, gives us different info. One of the guys in the group is a cop and he called out there. Talked to 3 different county sheriffs offices and got 3 different sets of rules for being street legal. But not a single office said we wood need to be registered or have plates. It's hard to be legal when you can't get the right info even from the sherif's office of the county's we are going to.

·
Premium Member
3,060 Posts
You would be in Washington county Utah and Maricopa county Arizona. I really don't think you would be bothered but you never know I guess when you are in town. Once outside and in Arizona on the dirt you should have any problem whatsoever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
665 Posts
Its just like a car. If you drive a car on the street without plates and registration you are going to get popped. Like glover said you might be fine outside of the larger towns. As far a getting plates etc when your state doesn't offer them I'm sorry I just don't know.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Thanks for the help guys. I've been to hatfield McCoy in West Virginia probably 17-18 times. We go anywhere we want out there. Drive right down the highway, and no problems. I was followed by a state trooper out there on my last trip running 60 for about 15 miles and no issues. We just don't want to assume other states are as atv friendly. I think we will be fine around the Paiute trails areas and towns but this going out of st George into Arizona sounds like we should just take advantage of getting a ride and paying them.

if I knew how we wood register them and get a plate. Be happy to pay the fees so we can be legal.

·
Premium Member
6,841 Posts
21 - 38 of 38 Posts