Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,
I would like to take my family to the Grand Canyon in November. Does anyone know of cool camping areas with SXS trails? Full hookups would be nice but not a deal breaker.

·
Premium Member
6,842 Posts
The only place I know that you can stay and sxs to the Grand Canyon is the Bar 10 Ranch.

They have facilities and serve breakfast and Dinner. They also sell fuel and have rooms and conestoga wagons you can sleep in. Very nice experience overall. Well worth the price.

Oh they also put on some great old west shows and singing.

I parked at a hotel in mesquite Nevada and sxs to the Ranch, about 100 miles each way.

You can ride right to the north rim of the canyon.

Tim

·
Registered
241 Posts
The only place I know that you can stay and sxs to the Grand Canyon is the Bar 10 Ranch.

They have facilities and serve breakfast and Dinner. They also sell fuel and have rooms and conestoga wagons you can sleep in. Very nice experience overall. Well worth the price.

Oh they also put on some great old west shows and singing.

I parked at a hotel in mesquite Nevada and sxs to the Ranch, about 100 miles each way.

You can ride right to the north rim of the canyon.

Tim
Hi Tim this thread caught my interest. You wouldn't happen to have any gps files from Mesquite to North Rim would you? Or a map source? I'd like to take the family on this.

·
Premium Member
6,842 Posts
Hi Tim this thread caught my interest. You wouldn't happen to have any gps files from Mesquite to North Rim would you? Or a map source? I'd like to take the family on this.
I don't. Someone else showed me the way. I don't know if the Ranch might have something.

Tim

·
Premium Member
10,018 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,842 Posts
FYI, If you zoom in on the 2nd and third pic those are river rafter guys going down the river. They took those guys in and out from the ranch on a helicopter to where they started. Tim

·
Registered
100 Posts
We are planning this very trip. Wanting to ride from st George utah to bar 10 and stay overnight. Have been told this might not be possible? Feds putting up fences and from the trumbel schoolhouse is only licesnced vehicles.?

·
Premium Member
3,060 Posts
Tim this is not the "North Rim". This is "Whitmore Canyon Overlook" definitely neat country. The north rim is the other major tourist place for
The Grand Canyon with paved road to it and a large ranger station up on the Kiabab. My family owns one of the ranch houses by the Mt Trumbull school house there in Bundyville. The National Park where they say you have to be street legal is actually down south of the bar 10 ranch and only a couple miles from the rim of the Grand Canyon. However at this point there is no ranger to stop you. If you try and go into tuweep the next canyon over they have a permanent ranger and they will try and stop you. Fun fact from where those pictures are taken there is an old horse trail where my family ran a business pulling rafters off the river and taking them into st George. This is now what the bar 10 does but they helicopter down and then fly them to Vegas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,060 Posts
You are correct the North Rim gets snowed in and the plows cannot keep it open. It is closed off at Jacobs Lake where the road to the North Rim meets hwy 89A

·
Premium Member
6,842 Posts
Tim this is not the "North Rim". This is "Whitmore Canyon Overlook" definitely neat country. The north rim is the other major tourist place for
The Grand Canyon with paved road to it and a large ranger station up on the Kiabab. My family owns one of the ranch houses by the Mt Trumbull school house there in Bundyville. The National Park where they say you have to be street legal is actually down south of the bar 10 ranch and only a couple miles from the rim of the Grand Canyon. However at this point there is no ranger to stop you. If you try and go into tuweep the next canyon over they have a permanent ranger and they will try and stop you. Fun fact from where those pictures are taken there is an old horse trail where my family ran a business pulling rafters off the river and taking them into st George. This is now what the bar 10 does but they helicopter down and then fly them to Vegas.

I used the term North because its not the tourist spot on the south everyone knows and it is on the north side of the river. I should have been more specific that its not really North rim just north side of the river.

You should put together a weekend ride to The Bar 10 from Mesquite or something, lots of guys would be up for that I bet, eventually I bet it ends up illegal one day. Tim 2008_lodge_map.jpg

·
Premium Member
3,060 Posts
You are correct in that sense yes. It would be fun. UTMA does a ride out here usually every September. There is lots of cool things to explore. The majority is dirt roads but neat country!

·
Registered
61 Posts
You should put together a weekend ride to The Bar 10 from Mesquite or something, lots of guys would be up for that I bet, eventually I bet it ends up illegal one day.
This would be a great ride in the early spring. Sign me up.

Reactions: Tmesic

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Does the Bar 10 have more acomadations than the conastogas or community bunk rooms ? Such as private hotel like rooms. I like the ideal of the conastogas but the princess says no. Also do the wagons have power outlets cause when you get old you have to have machines to help you sleep (cpap).

1 - 20 of 38 Posts