Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok. I know some of you trail riders must have some pretty great GPS systems on board. I'm looking for something that 1) is weather resistant and 2) has as many pre-loaded off-road trails as possible (including Canada). Not breaking the bank would also be ideal.
Any recommendations?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2020 X3 XRS Turbo RR
325 Posts

I run the Lowrance FS7

·
Registered
243 Posts
One more for Lowrance...PCI maps and add your own GPX files from friends, other groups, or make them in Google Earth. One of my good friends uses an Android style iPad thing and Onyx off-road maps. Nice photo overlay but less powerful GPS receiver; gaps and loses signal more than I like.

HDS 7 Gen 3 touch

Dwayne

·
Registered
53 Posts
I took my Garmin drive 50 out of my truck one day and put it in my SXS, I couldn't believe all the trails that showed up here in Nova Scotia. It now has a permanent home in the sxs except when washing the inside. and it was only around $100.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I’ve got a Garmin GPSMAP 66ST and my good buddy has the 64S. Able to drop routes from Google earth, make your own routes, add ‘Basecamp’ and you can add other maps and add external storage as well. I bought TrakMaps to get way more specific trail info and it’s been great.
Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Speedometer Steering wheel

·
Registered
335 Posts
Samsung Tab here with Lifetime maps. Import and export all day but not 100% about Canada trails. You can call and verify.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 XDS RR, 2019 Sport 1000R
2,404 Posts
Cheap Tablet and Back Road Map Books is the way to go in Canada IMO. And if Ontario the OFATV app also. Nice to have a big screen to see rather than a dinky little GPS screen. Tablet holder works well in Can Ams and adds extra storage too.

Vehicle Motor vehicle Plant Sky Steering part

·
Registered
136 Posts
I use the Lowarance Elite 7in with a Morgan Motorsports dash mount switch pro and PTT buttons. It works great cleans up the dash and is a solid mount.
Gadget Rectangle Communication Device Font Cameras & optics
Vehicle Car Automotive design Gear shift Satellite radio

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I took my Garmin drive 50 out of my truck one day and put it in my SXS, I couldn't believe all the trails that showed up here in Nova Scotia. It now has a permanent home in the sxs except when washing the inside. and it was only around $100.
Where at in Nova Scotia?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts