Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let’s see your GPS systems mounted on your Cam-am and describe what you use. Do you like it? What would you purchase if you had to do it all over again?

·
Registered
877 Posts
No pic but I use an iPad, mounted using RAM ball and holder in the center of the dash above the switches. Keeps the tablet at the perfect height for viewing. I use an anti-glare glass cover on the screen originally designed for aviation use which works perfectly. No sun washout even on the brightest days. I use 2 apps for navigation, GAIA and Avenza. Between the two apps I get every map I need and some I didn’t know I needed. The GAIA app I pay for yearly but Avenza is a pay as you go, just for the maps I want. Many are free and useful. Once you get to learn how GAIA works, you can import stuff from Google Earth and even use their top maps as base maps for your ride. Feature packed for sure, still learning all there is to use on it. I’ll see if I can get a pic later and edit the post.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I use a Samsung 8" tablet with Back Country Navigator. Mounted in a Kemimoto device holder. (OEM knockoff). The Michigan DNR has downloadable GPS files of all of the legal trails. Thay can be added to the maps on BCN. We can also ride on most of the county roads and forest roads. I use the satellite map which shows the trails and the roads. The dark lines in the screenshot are the gps trails. The red symbols are waypoints I have added. I like it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Really would be nice if BCN could work with ios. BCN is by far the best app for riding HM trails.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Samsung 10” tablet with orux and bcn pro. I don’t use the waterproof cover anymore since I installed the windshield. Been using it for several years and works flawlessly. I prefer orux myself for west va riding

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
160 Posts
8" Samsung Tab A using Vvmapping which seems to be the best for Michigan. I lead our groups 99% of the time and had it on electronic device holder but it took my eyes off where they needed to be to often. With it mounted to left of steering wheel I can drive and move screen around while still looking ahead.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
112 Posts
Samsung 10” tablet with orux and bcn pro. I don’t use the waterproof cover anymore since I installed the windshield. Been using it for several years and works flawlessly. I prefer orux myself for west va riding

What wifi backup camera are you using?

·
Registered
112 Posts
No issues from heat near the muffler?
I checked out 4ucam. Not seeing the exact one you have. Did you get a different cam? I only see the license plate cam style.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I use an anti-glare glass cover on the screen originally designed for aviation use which works perfectly.

I’ll see if I can get a pic later and edit the post.
Which anti-glare cover did you use?

Would like to see a pic to get a feel for positioning and what the mount looks like.

Did you consider one of those "electronic device holders"

Seems like that angle and positioning would be wrong?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am still real new with my toy and looking for advice on what to use to get out on trails. I dont see much around me but I know there are trails listed on a .gov I ran across once. thanks for this thread and if any of you have suggestions on what to look at I would be grateful.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
No issues from heat near the muffler?
I checked out 4ucam. Not seeing the exact one you have. Did you get a different cam? I only see the license plate cam style.
No issues in about 1500 miles. There is a picture of the smaller one like I have in there.

·
Registered
361 Posts
On the Google play store there is an app called ORV Trailmate. It has Idaho trails.
I am still real new with my toy and looking for advice on what to use to get out on trails. I dont see much around me but I know there are trails listed on a .gov I ran across once. thanks for this thread and if any of you have suggestions on what to look at I would be grateful.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts