Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
While I can’t be specific about how or for what Agency I used it with it was a test bed for us and it’s reliability was questionable. I have my Baofeng programmed for GMRS repeaters anywhere I ride, along with applicable SAR frequencies, just in case.

·
Registered
83 Posts
One thing you could look into is the Garmin inReach system. Very reliable and I carry everywhere. Comes with some good maps and you can adjust your plans depending on the season. Only draw back is it is only text based and not voice.

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
One thing you could look into is the Garmin inReach system. Very reliable and I carry everywhere. Comes with some good maps and you can adjust your plans depending on the season. Only draw back is it is only text based and not voice.
I also carry an inreach device. Could make all the difference when you're out without cell or radio service

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
721 Posts
I/we have ham mobile radios programmed with all repeater towers within areas my buddy and I frequent including well beyond that. We drive our MavT machines with comprehensive proprietary mapping on our nav devices. With that combo, I see no need for sat phones. We're also prepared with tools, spare tires and even small tarps. Those being in "rescue orange", serving both as short term rain cover over machines and also to place in an open area if a true rescue (us or others on the trail) becomes necessary for aerial spotting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts