Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know what is the best maps for my lowrance HDS-5M. IN MY 2014 maverick max

Sent from RODS IPHONE 5 using Tapatalk - now Free

·
Registered
492 Posts
I had Insight Topo 2013 and it sucked pretty bad...... Just got the Topo 2014 card and it looks much better but I have yet to try it in the woods/desert yet.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Topo v14 Pro is MUCH better. No satellite imagery on this one, but I guess that is the v14 HD?

·
Registered
488 Posts
Well finally got the HD topo with sat imagery from lowrance. I'll sum it up for ya, took it out of box, put it in gps, took it back out of gps, boxed it back up shipped it back. Just downloaded the regular 24k topo maps v14 much better.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Well that's disappointing!

Do you have the latest update for your HDS? I noticed mine ran much faster after the update.....maybe that could help?

·
Registered
488 Posts
no, It was the resolution that sucked, you had to be @ a 1/2 mile for to to look clear anything closer and you just see a blob of brown/green crap. 1/2 mile is to far to see any trails and stuff. got the regular topo and much happier.

·
Registered
713 Posts
I have the Lowrance TOPO Insight HD Southwest v14 on mine and I am not really sure if I like it or not. I have not had a chance to dive into it too much, I had some custom map file before which I actually think I liked better.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I have the Lowrance SW pro v14 topo it is decent, Like it way better than the HD version. I also have a nice Garmin topo Map file of Arizona just need to find out how to convert it to a Lowrance file.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts