Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally received the Garmin Montana 650t with the dash kit. I have to say I am pretty impressed with it. I was leaning towards the Lowrance but it takes up too much dash. This thing fits perfectly, has a release button so you can easily remove it, waterproof (so they claim) and is all setup for wiring. You just pretty much plug it in. I was messing around with the nav unit which is BRP labeled and has a super easy to use interface with breadcrumbs and waypoint. I doubt I need it but I ordered an external antenna for it as well.

I am pretty excited to test it out. I am going to install it this weekend and will take some pics.

BigD

·
Registered
22 Posts
Congrats on the GPS!

Looking at getting the same thing and went through the same thought process...Lowrance or 650T. Like to hear that the BRP unit is nice. You can buy the 650T elsewhere for around $50 less...but then you would might need to do some wiring or customizing. Sounds like the one from BRP is pretty much plug and play.

Question...does the GPS from BRP is mounted in the dash spot, does it get power from the Maverick or is it using battery power?

Thanks!

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it does. the mav is already pre-wired for the nav unit. It's pretty much plug and play. I didn't quite get finished because I am installing the Rugged Radio Car to Car, Person to Person system as well but will have some pics and a short write up on it this week.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts