Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanting to know what GPS I should get the hds5 the baja or something else couple came up with the search but know real answer

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Have a life long friend that works at Garmin. He says best unit out there is the Monterra, should fit right in the dash.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Get the HDS5 gen 2 that is the current gold standard for offroad users. The Monterra is a nice unit but the screen is small and it is basically a smartphone without the phone for over 600 dollars.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Does anyone know what other units fit in the gps dash kit? I know can am uses the Montana, and you're saying the monterra. Just weighing the options right now...

·
Registered
853 Posts
I have a Garmin Montana (BRP) Complete with the maverick mount for sale. I was going to post it up but haven't had time. PM me for details.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Full mail box. Wah Wah...

·
Registered
131 Posts
Also been interested in a gps lately . why do some reference marine. Is that just a added feature that it can also be used on the lake by fishers or is there a difference between a offroad and marine version

·
Registered
492 Posts
Lowrance HDS5-M 2nd Gen here. Having a hard time coming from 15 years of Garmin, like the layout and features. I got the Lowrance Sonic Hub stereo that goes with it for an integrated easy install package. If you have a metal roof and mount it in the dash, you will need an external antenna.

I do notice that the topo maps have a heavy preference to water instead of land and I find that irritating in the desert. Might be able to filter it out, but I really have not spent that much time playing with it yet. I still have my trusty Garmin 276C mounted to the cage in case I can't get what I need from the Lowance

·
Registered
410 Posts
The Montana 650t is an impressive piece, perfect size (I think) ton of features and looks clean in the dash with the mounting kit they make for the Mav.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I,mrunning an old garmin 60 CSx with a ram mount off the windshield.... Works good I have all the trails in the windrock area downloaded in it.

·
Registered
69 Posts
The Montana 650t is an impressive piece, perfect size (I think) ton of features and looks clean in the dash with the mounting kit they make for the Mav.
Where are you finding this dash mounting kit? Is it the one available from Can Am?

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Ya it's a brp part it's $69 dollars.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts