Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Was servicing my clutches today after our Idaho and Utah trip and found three of the slide shoes had egged out their holes ruining the
governor cup. RMATV was the cheapest but it's not in stock. Can someone give me a idea who might have one in stock for not full blown retail? Also how often are you guys inspecting the slider shoes?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,005 Posts
Apparently you didn't read the part where I said I didn't want to pay full retail. All my Google searches came back with full retail other than RMATV who unfortunately does not stock it.
I Sure did read it but how if the Fawk am i supposed to know if they are charging full retail you cheap prick! If you want it now and Don’t want to pay full pop good luck not searching and waiting for someone to wipe you ass and hand deliver the part for you.

·
Registered
128 Posts
That's ok. I also checked with Bike Bandit who was almost as cheap as RMATV but they have to order it also. Might have to bite the bullet and pick one up at my dealer.
Are you looking for the round plastic pucks that fit in there or the O rings or both

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thought you knew everything Mega.
I Sure did read it but how if the Fawk am i supposed to know if they are charging full retail you cheap prick! If you want it now and Don’t want to pay full pop good luck not searching and waiting for someone to wipe you ass and hand deliver the part for you.

·
Registered
708 Posts
How many miles on you’re machine? First post I’ve seen where the pucks have beaten the holes out like that. I’m not sure how you would prevent that either....

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
X3 has 2000 miles and primary was torn down once before at 1200.
How many miles on you’re machine? First post I’ve seen where the pucks have beaten the holes out like that. I’m not sure how you would prevent that either....

·
Premium Member
1,413 Posts
If you are having wear problems with wear on you governor cup the problem is most likely due to wear on the outer half where the slider shoes contact the outer half. The 2019 clutch outer half has replaceable wear plates to correct this problem and allowing a replacement small part as opposed to replacing the entire outer half. When KWI reworked my clutches Kris suggested I make this upgrade so I did. To my knowledge there is no modifications needed to make this upgrade.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I had the same problem and had to replace the governor cup at 4500 miles. Also did the outer half upgrade at the same time. I would pull clutch apart every 1000 miles or so and check the governor buttons but I was being cheap and chose not to replace the o rings on the back of the 3 buttons that have them and those were the only ones that were egged out. Not sure if that was the cause but maybe it was??? From now on I replace the o rings every time!!!

·
Premium Member
7,005 Posts
If you are having wear problems with wear on you governor cup the problem is most likely due to wear on the outer half where the slider shoes contact the outer half. The 2019 clutch outer half has replaceable wear plates to correct this problem and allowing a replacement small part as opposed to replacing the entire outer half. When KWI reworked my clutches Kris suggested I make this upgrade so I did. To my knowledge there is no modifications needed to make this upgrade.
Most 2018 also have the stainless wear plate, not all of them but most.

·
Premium Member
3,313 Posts
The point is, Don is trying to find someone with this part in stock, I unfortunately don’t

KWI May have one?

·
Registered
8,716 Posts
Kiwi clutches usually has the parts you are looking for or you can try to contact Airdam as he stocks parts as well.

·
Premium Member
946 Posts
If you can’t find one I have one with about 300 miles on it I’ll send ya . But kris should have an updated one

1 - 20 of 41 Posts