Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went and test drove a Wildcat X and ended up buying one. Sure is a step up from the 2012 I had. Dealer has it now installing a ton of stuff while I work on the Mav so pictures will come Tuesday.

If anyone is up in northern Az next week for the holiday weekend I will be at Ashurst Lake / Lake Mary area outside of Flagstaff from the 23rd until the 28th or so. Tons of nice scenic trails and cool weather! Elevation is high and im in breakin on both machines so no drag races yet but vids coming soon! Wildcat X vs stock Maverick then Wildcat X vs QSC/STM Maverick.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Congrats, I really like the Wildcat.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I too liked the Wildcat in many ways...just leery of the troubles I hear so much about..I too have taken my Commander up to the Lake Mary/Ashurst area a few times...beautiful area with a lot of diversity. Have a great time and be safe!

Reactions: k goodrich

·
Registered
170 Posts
Enjoy! That's a great area. Head to the Lake Mary side of the road for a bit better trails. Love fishing & camping by Ashurst but the trails are rock & cobble. I bet the 'cat will eat that up tho with the sweet suspension. Drive safe with all the screwballs on I-17!

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
sweet cant wait for videos ,

great area up there for sure , we head up every summer in that area , -5B- I think it is !

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This year I am going to take the trail that starts on the south side of Ashurst that goes to Long Lake. I think its like 40 miles of big ass rocks....better go get my tie rods and skids installed!

I am pretty worried about the Bighorn 2.0's on the Cat. My wife will be driving it and she has been known to beat up tires. Guess I should get a spare huh. The Mav has Roctanes on it already:).

I avoid the crazies on the 17! I head up way before everyone else and stay a few days longer than most. Got a different MH this year so I am kinda nervous about it. Going to be just a hair under 65ft with trailer. Hopefully the Dmax and Allison can take it.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pictures!

Attachments

·
Registered
528 Posts
Pictures!

No shortage of cool toys!!! speaking of cool, enjoy those temps! I'll being scurrying off to the high mountains soon enough myself!

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
nice pic's , so how do they stack up speed wise ?

·
Registered
9,300 Posts
Nice rides.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the compliments! We for sure do not ever run out of things to do lol.

The weather is pretty nice up here but the wind is a bitch. 50mph winds yesterday. Today seems a lot better.

No races yet but after I hit 30 miles on the cat I punched it a few times and it is every bit as quick as the Mav. Elevation is around 7000ft though. I got the Mav running 13.2:1 at WOT and it is pulling pretty good. If I was to place a bet I would put money on the cat winning a drag race. Remember I am running tires that are nearly 2" larger and 8 lbs heavier than a stock machine.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
nice

ya hard to compare unless tires and other weight is close,

1 - 12 of 12 Posts