Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
got it....I would bet you a cold one that if/when you install a new belt, you will be using 2 spacers in the secondary to start with......
Yessir. What I'm guessing happened is within the last 300 miles you were rough on the engine braking/downhill descents. This wears the inner portion of the belt significantly which makes the ID of the belt a larger diameter. All while wearing the outter portion of the belt slightly. I may be wrong though. Just a thought. I've seen this happen a lot! The inner part of the belt that rides on the bearing gets worn down quite a bit. People often over look this.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Yessir. What I'm guessing happened is within the last 300 miles you were rough on the engine braking/downhill descents. This wears the inner portion of the belt significantly which makes the ID of the belt a larger diameter. All while wearing the outter portion of the belt slightly. I may be wrong though. Just a thought. I've seen this happen a lot! The inner part of the belt that rides on the bearing gets worn down quite a bit. People often over look this.
Thanks Kris.....see I was listening when you gave me the crash course :wink:

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
good call...

·
Registered
502 Posts
kris was awesome helping me out and giving me advice on a setup he sold to someone else.Any of my buddies or anyone looking for clutches I know.I will recommend him
this is y I have three buddies that have bought a clutch from him n one ordering now :smile:

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
this is y I have three buddies that have bought a clutch from him n one ordering now :smile:
It's all about the customer service......

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Thats why I got mine at CBP as well.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts