Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They seem to go alrite.Seems like on the bottom end .the belt is slipping.Has a bog intell like 4k then take off.Think their are two shims in secondary with a 40 degree and gold spring..The primary is a rage three with 40 grams and pink.And I'm run bum stock tires.I think my factory clutch hit and ran harder then these

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
My Buddy has the rage 3 and I think he has both gold springs and no added weight.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When I had cover off and was pulling out my driveway.it seemed like I had smell of burning belt.But there's only two shims in secondary now .think belt needs tightened up more.Belt seemed to be riding pretty high up on secondary

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
You can try that. Belt should run all the way to the top of the secondary clutch. The cord on the belt should be about even with the top of the pulley.

·
Registered
272 Posts
You can try that. Belt should run all the way to the top of the secondary clutch. The cord on the belt should be about even with the top of the pulley.
What he said, I've got same set up except mine has gold on both. I've got 3 shims in secondary 2 was to tight, also if you've got a one way bearing in primary you might look into having a two way put in. Myself and 2 others smoked the belt first outing because of the one way bearing.

Nathan

·
Registered
272 Posts
Can you have a to tight belt without it creeping in gear.it doesn't seem to start pulling intell like 4k
Your spring you have now may be way to stiff with the weights your running. Prob need the gold one, who'd you order it from. Mine came set up pretty close, had to adjust it some but not much. Mine engages about 1900 rpm and pulls like hell from there.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
The setup was bought by previous owner from kris on here.It like has a bog on bottom big time .
Ping Kris, he will help you out......initial theory is you are revving to quickly and the engine can't keep up with the load so it boggs until you get moving and then it picks back up. So you most likely need to take some weight out of the base to keep it from upshifting so fast....

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
If you are not familiar with the setup and how it all works, you are better of contacting someone who can explain it all to you and get you going in the right direction. Kris is great at explaining everything and will help you learn how to make adjustments and what adjustments to make.

Reactions: mearsman

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
Go on STMs website they have 3 YouTube videos that are really helpful. Then talk to kris, that way you know exactly what he's talking about

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I talked to kris.Thinks its belt deflection problem .If not he will help me get it setup.What great customer service
good deal....let us know how it turns out...

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I pulled all the shims out of secondary.Made belt tighter.And doesn't takeoff in gear.Its pouring here tonite .But hit the gas and it seems like it wants to engage and go off throttle .

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
good deal.....are you running a new belt or a used belt? Did you happen to measure the width by chance? Just curious since most people end up with 2-3 shims in the secondary to set the belt deflection. No spacers makes me think your belt is used and likely worn close to it's recommended tolerance or it has stretched.....

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Belt had like 300 miles on it.But it had a hard week run on down hatfield
got it....I would bet you a cold one that if/when you install a new belt, you will be using 2 spacers in the secondary to start with......

Reactions: KRIS
1 - 20 of 29 Posts