Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Nice wrap. How much did it cost? I saw many of those wraps on eBay for the body panels but never saw one for a roof.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Looks good but your spelling needs some work! Hahaha jk

·
Hickory, NC
2,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
image.jpg Started as a whole wrap, pulled the trigger on a custom job and it only took one comment from the side lines and I was peeling it all off!
My wife said it looked like ass

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
It's busy but I thought it looks good.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Dang I think it look good as chit. I wouldn't take it off.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I've seen a lot of wraps and would have to say although its busy it is a really nice wrap

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
U took it all off ?

·
Hickory, NC
2,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Pulled it all off except the roof, it was too dark for my taste, kinda looked like camo in a way. The yellows did not match at all, looks good in pics but horrible in real life. That little mistake cost me about $600

·
Hickory, NC
2,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
On the bright side, they did include a ton of 1000R, maverick and can-am decals in many different sizes so I had some nice touches after all image.jpg image.jpg

AND I got my correct door skins from turnkey this week so now I match good

·
Registered
410 Posts
What kind of prep was required to the plastic and did it hold pretty well? I talked to a local shop this morning and they quoted me $10-$12 a sq ft installed, (just planning a solid color) I want to make sure the plastic will still be fine if I decide I don't like it.

·
Hickory, NC
2,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Prep was easy. Just steam cleaned entire thing, dryed down with towel. Made sure there was no armorall or silicone on anything.
Removed factory decals and residue with goofoff and finished with alcohol. Had 3m primer and q-tips ready for the sharp creases or anywhere I wanted to make sure it stuck. I had it printed on 3m Control Tac
Which is some cool stuff, millions of holes in it so it dosent trap air bubbles as bad. And yes it holds well! Removal was painless except for the hundreds of dollars hitting the floor! I saved all my factory decals and placed them on some 8" wide two sided tape I have, cut them out and stuck them back on

·
Registered
410 Posts
Awesome, thanks for the info.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I'm thinking I might want to wrap mine. What brand was that?

·
Hickory, NC
2,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Brand? No name brand, just sat down with the graphics guy and started layering. He made several proofs and came to the house to measure everything. Wanted to do a tribute to my mom who passed in February by including her signature. Where I made my mistake was not doing a sample print of the yellow. Also didn't notice the hints of purple and green till it was magnified to full size! I wanted only silver, black, yellow and white and it sure didn't turn out like the proof. image.jpg image.jpg
Guess I'll put it out there now since I'm not going to use it! I worked with Barney and Eric at HPG in Hickory, super good people.
Now I have a mural in my garage that's 115"x 60" that was supposed to be the drivers side. The rest I gave to a commander buddy

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Very cool to honor your mom like that......how much did this cost to have it custom made?

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Dude that looks sweet, but I agree the yellow needs to match and no other colors except, black, yellow, white and soem grey mixed in.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I understand what u mean when u said the bit of purple n green weren't noticeable until the final print But that is a nice wrap maybe there's a future in it for ya somewhere. By the way,I know it's not my business but by the looks of things your honoring your Mom pretty dang good as it is!!!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts