Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pulled up to the house the same time as UPS...NICE...Off to pop this sucker in. Mega- sent you a pm, call me about the oem

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Just jea lo usy and envy here!!! :crazy:

Reactions: k goodrich and Andy

·
Registered
69 Posts
Installing my STM Rage 6 and secondary this weekend. I'll be watching this thread to see how the AIRDAM works. I'll start a separate thread about the STM when I get it installed.

Reactions: k goodrich and Andy

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Success...AIRDAM installed with new black/violet Dalton secondary spring. The Dalton spring makes the oem spring look like one out of a ball point pen. This Clutch is SO much quieter than the stocker...Now all thats left is to go RIDE THE #$%& outa this thing.:big smile::big smile::big smile:

Reactions: k goodrich

·
Registered
998 Posts
I'm not a clutch pro but I bought the spring to keep mine from shifting out so early.. That way it doesn't drag my rpms down out of the power range

·
Registered
412 Posts
Installing my STM Rage 6 and secondary this weekend. I'll be watching this thread to see how the AIRDAM works. I'll start a separate thread about the STM when I get it installed.

Does STM have a special new clutch for the maverick ?? Ive been told the maverick has a larger Primary ??

If the STM is same as the commander Dia. wont this take top speed off??

·
Registered
468 Posts
Does STM have a special new clutch for the maverick ?? Ive been told the maverick has a larger Primary ??

As far as I know, they dont have anything new specifically for the maverick. But yes the maverick primary is larger than other can am primaries and the belt is also longer than others are as well. Running a smaller primary would loose top end speed. The problem that everyone is dealing with is dialing the current available clutches in to keep the maverick in the power making range of 7900-8000 at all times throughout the entire speed spectrum.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Everything is up in the air as of now. And with mud nationals going on, im sure everyones attention is on that. But I know theres a bunch of different guys from different companies working pretty hard to figure out what works and what doesnt work. Honestly, I think there will end up being a completely new product put out specifically for this machine. But I dont see that coming for a little while yet.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts

I called STM as I had originally bought the Rage IV for my 800 Renegade. They told me it will bolt right up and recommended what weight to add to the arms. Not sure about the diameter.

Honestly, if I sacrifice a bit of top-end speed for bullet-proof reliability, I have no problem with that.

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
No kidding...How often can you even hit top speed in these things out in the dunes or on the trails? Not often...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts