Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,200 Posts
Signs of a good economy and smart marketing. The X3 and Defender line have really helped BRP capture more market share.

In Glamis over the Thanksgiving holiday there were probably more X3s rolling around than any other brand. It use to be a sea of RZRs, but over the last few seasons it has changes. Even when I go out to the desert you see a lot more X3s than before.

That new Pro XP does not seem to have the sales Polaris hoped for. There were not many in Glamis. I think I saw maybe 5 at most.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Yep. X3 is taking over, baby!

2 years ago at the sand hallow sxs adventure rally, not another can am in sight. Last month? Different story!

And my gf just bought a Honda talon. She's tired of riding.... wants to drive. That talon? Game changer. Honda is gonna put Polaris outta business. It's all the things Polaris ain't..... and no belt to worry about. That i4x4 is amazing

·
Premium Member
1,610 Posts
The talon is hardly a game changer. Maybe in a few years if they keep working on it. It’s no better than the krx or a xp 1k. Time will tell if the trans will hold up. Seen quite a few with issues around here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
171 Posts
I disagree. Ease of ownership. Ease of concern. It opens up ownership markets hitherto unobtainable. My gf is a great example. She hasn't the foggiest idea what a centrifugal clutch is, let alone why the belt broke, or how to change it. And the i4x4 is shift on the fly. Easy and simple. I get a headache trying to explain to her how to shift my smartlock from 2x4 to 4x4.... and exactly what trail active means.

Iow.... these machines kinda cater to the gear heads. Honda caters to the person that just wants to climb in and go. Not worrying about belts or what mode of 4x4 I'm in.

As for the clutch... its not new. They been using it for a while.

And there's nothing Honda makes that's junk. Ever.

This is their starter unit. Give them a couple years....

·
Premium Member
1,610 Posts
I have driven one but it was only the x not the r. I was not impressed. Interior is nice and would be a main selling point. We have 2 guys in our group that has the x model. Both have had some kind of trans issues and taco the rear sway bar links due to them being 18” long. You and I live in different demographics and what may work in Arizona does not work well in Kentucky , tenn, and wv. Like I stated earlier it’s basically In the same category as xp1k. Honda is not what it once was but they do still make quality products. Time will tell if it will hold up like their old 4 wheelers but to say a game changer is a bold statement that I myself would disagree with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts