Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

Good deal or no?

11K views 116 replies 28 participants last post by  aaronedmonton 
#1 ·
Beginning my search for a maverick x3 of some sort and landed on this: 2021 with about 400ish miles on it. I’m new to this and want to know what to look for? Based on the pictures do y’all see any reason to pass? Dealer is asking 30k and I just want to be careful before I toss that much down on a used one. Took it for a test drive and noticed loud squeaks like the body flexing when coming off a curb. Besides that I couldn’t see much else other than worn parts.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Motor vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

See less See more
#44 ·
Ok, went back to the first one as the dealer reached back out. Took more pictures, 29k
Also have the vin. Where would I run this? Carfax? Please let me know what issues you see, thanks everyone!

Attachments

#54 ·
Ok, went back to the first one as the dealer reached back out. Took more pictures, 29k
Also have the vin. Where would I run this? Carfax? Please let me know what issues you see, thanks everyone!
I think it’s a waste of money, however…….https://www.vincheckup.com/

I sincerely doubt it will show anything negative. It may support your desire to go forward with the purchase.

#46 ·
Last set, really thanks a lot everyone that helps. They also offered a 3yr warranty for same stuff can am covers

Attachments

#71 ·
This picture tells me everything I'd need to know. The inner tie rod is bent. WTF is the electrical tape mess? In all you pictures, the detail stuff screams hack job of an owner that wants to be but isn't a mechanic.

Automotive fuel system Automotive tire Motor vehicle Gas Auto part

#47 ·
Seriously? You can't tell that machine has been neglected and beat on? The rust everywhere isn't a dead giveaway? I wouldn't give $25K for that car. If you're willing to spend $29K, there are better options. Look around for a better car. You can just about buy a new base model (if you can find one).

#48 ·
Yea I see what you’re saying, but the new 22s are coming in missing parts and won’t be available until almost 23. And they’re asking 35k for a ds. I just figured I’d be better off with a used higher end model and just use the warranty for major things. Im still taking all your advice into consideration, thanks!

#55 ·
Run, Run as fast as you can from that car.
All your gonna have are headaches after Headaches.

It will be worth the wait to get something that hasn't been beat upon and thrashed..

We have 11,000 smiles on our 2020 XRC and it looks brand new compared to that 400 mile piece of a headache

Barbara

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

#61 ·
Another tidbit to digest, dealer is offering a 3 year warranty. Personally for that, it's not enough. However, what's the deductible? I'd be shocked if it's under $200 - $250. Think about that, you bring that in 4 times for work, you're down $1000!

#68 ·
The mystery has been solved! Ran the vin on google and here it is, came out of Orlando area, guess we know where the missing bulkhead is lol. Y’all saved my butt a lot of money!

Attachments

#72 ·
100% clapped out trash can, move on.

#74 ·
Update on the search for anyone that’s interested:

Was quoted 35k for a 22 DS two seater with rockford fosgate audio roof and 6x12 trailer included.

Then got 42k for a 22 Two seater turbo RR xmr with a flip up windshield.

A 22 ds max, nothing included for 30k

thoughts on deals?

Two dealers told me that can ams website was hacked and the can’t order 23s yet and they probably won’t be in untilDecember or January. I had a test drive in the ds and damn was that thing quick, I can only imagine how the turbo rr is! My biggest concern is value. I don’t wanna lose my ass on a 22 when it’s almost 23! Nobody is budging on prices either.

#78 ·
Update on the search for anyone that’s interested:

Was quoted 35k for a 22 DS two seater with rockford fosgate audio roof and 6x12 trailer included.

Then got 42k for a 22 Two seater turbo RR xmr with a flip up windshield.

A 22 ds max, nothing included for 30k

thoughts on deals?

Two dealers told me that can ams website was hacked and the can’t order 23s yet and they probably won’t be in untilDecember or January. I had a test drive in the ds and damn was that thing quick, I can only imagine how the turbo rr is! My biggest concern is value. I don’t wanna lose my ass on a 22 when it’s almost 23! Nobody is budging on prices either.
Won't tell you which one, but it's just mind boggling the prices that are being asked.

Reactions: DogRunner2
#76 ·
Just like many for sale groups, you need savvy and some experince to feel out the riff raff....
I'm sure it depends on the area.

I found my 180 mile car on FB, guy took about a $15K loss, 100 mile drive to the coast. Found where some peeps knew the guy as well.

Still have the Aegis extended warranty which saved my azz $4500 with incompetent dealer/service dept.

#89 ·
Freight seems high but everything else is normal for buying something at MSRP, nobody gets out of paying tax or a 300 doc fee anymore. Like I said, with these being so hard to find "deals" are not and have not been a thing for awhile now. If you like the machine and you can afford it, then send it. Waiting for a deal is going to take years probably. Unless something about the '23 is a must have then I don't see the reason to wait for one of those either.

#90 ·
Freight seems high but everything else is normal for buying something at MSRP, nobody gets out of paying tax or a 300 doc fee anymore. Like I said, with these being so hard to find "deals" are not and have not been a thing for awhile now. If you like the machine and you can afford it, then send it. Waiting for a deal is going to take years probably. Unless something about the '23 is a must have then I don't see the reason to wait for one of those either.
Get your facts straight. We don't have to pay tax.

Barbara

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

#98 ·
Might as well title this thread price alerts lol

Went and looked at a 22 xrs today. Quoted 41k out the door. They said they added a 10% markup due to demand and said people all over have been calling about it, even though it’s been on their lot for a month lol.

Attachments

#99 ·
Tell them to take the 10% markup off, and you'll buy it. $41K is insane! I paid just over $28K back in 19 for my XRS. There hasn't been that many upgrades to justify that kind of money, IMO. I know we're living in different times now, but still, that's insane.

Reactions: HPnMORE4J
#100 ·
I agree I'd offer to buy it without the markup.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.