Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
21 - 40 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Snorkels but no front winch? What's with the front bulkhead area isn't something missing there?

I'd be worried about how it was driven on those big tires. That 2 seater looks like a way better buy to me.

Reactions: AZ Off Road

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Not even sure what that is, but if it ain’t there and it’s supposed to be that’s a red flag to me! Thanks yall, I’m passing on that 4 seat! Gonna look for another 4 seat that’s nicer

·
Registered
2019 Maverick Turbo X3
3 Posts
I would think that if it was a reputable dealer, they would stand behind the product if something catastrophic happened. I just bought a 2019 X3 with 100 miles on it two weeks ago. Salesman said they couldn't give me a warranty unless I bought the extended one but brought the owner over and let me know if anything out of the ordinary did happen to let them know and they would personally take care of it. There are still some good folks out there. FWIW, took it out for a rip last weekend and put 60 miles on it. No problems thus far. This was Big Saint Charles Motorsports near STL, MO. I'm sure this is a case by case basis, do your research, maybe look at reviews for the dealership as well.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Beginning my search for a maverick x3 of some sort and landed on this: 2021 with about 400ish miles on it. I’m new to this and want to know what to look for? Based on the pictures do y’all see any reason to pass? Dealer is asking 30k and I just want to be careful before I toss that much down on a used one. Took it for a test drive and noticed loud squeaks like the body flexing when coming off a curb. Besides that I couldn’t see much else other than worn parts. View attachment 282869
View attachment 282867
View attachment 282868
View attachment 282866
View attachment 282865
the front bumper is missing and are those gouges in the left rear door? That looks like a rough 400 ish miles

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Went today to another dealership here in middle ga. They had a 22 DS Max for 35k out the door and a blue and silver 22 RS Max rr with smarts box for 45k. Both new. Told him I’d think on the cheaper one. It’s listed on their site for 27k so I’m trying to figure out where that extra 8k comes from? It’s not even assembled yet

·
Premium Member
16,087 Posts
Went today to another dealership here in middle ga. They had a 22 DS Max for 35k out the door and a blue and silver 22 RS Max rr with smarts box for 45k. Both new. Told him I’d think on the cheaper one. It’s listed on their site for 27k so I’m trying to figure out where that extra 8k comes from? It’s not even assembled yet
Smart Shoks, better overall suspension travel 22 / 24, 72" wide for more stability, bigger tires I believe, and I think an updated screen? Not sure? You should consider yourself lucky, aren't many if any 22s out there. If you can swing it, the RS is the better model, IMO.

Reactions: BLR

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Smart Shoks, better overall suspension travel 22 / 24, 72" wide for more stability, bigger tires I believe, and I think an updated screen? Not sure? You should consider yourself lucky, aren't many if any 22s out there. If you can swing it, the RS is the better model, IMO.
I definitely like the rs model, but want the tan and black one, but that just seems way too high for around here, there’s several ds models close by so I’m gonna continue shopping and hoping for a good price

·
Registered
2018 X3 XDS Turbo R
168 Posts
I definitely like the rs model, but want the tan and black one, but that just seems way too high for around here, there’s several ds models close by so I’m gonna continue shopping and hoping for a good price
I am new to side by sides and Can Am. I have been riding ATVs for many years. I learned a long time ago that mileage isn’t important as maintenance , usage , signs of abuse and gut feel, especially gut feel for the seller.

I owned Suzuki’s for years and years. My son graduated from 110cc cheap Chinese units to a Suzuki Ozark that I bought used for him from the second owner. My son put thousands of miles on it (no odometer , so I couldn’t tell you exactly), he outgrew it, went into a Suzuki Vinson . I sold his 2002 Ozark to a friend for his wife to use (now the fourth owner) . It is still going strong and they will be giving it to their daughter. Point with the Ozark is that if it had an odometer, people would have walked away from it. Properly maintained and not abused, mileage is just a number.

I sold the 2006 Vinson and a 2009 King Quad for well more than I paid for them after years and thousands of miles of use. As soon as someone called , or texted from the ad listing it and started to balk about ”too many miles” and hammering me on price, the conversation ended with me blocking them. In all I sold three machines including my 2020 King Quad 750 to the first person that came to look at each of them and all for more than I paid. Maintenance, appropriate usage, physical appearance, gut feel…. Put mileage after all of them.

Oh, and no insult to the members that have aftermarket snorkels added to their machines (especially ATVs)…….. I steer FAR away from any machine with snorkels when I am buying used. If you want to play submarine commander and then sell it, all good for you. I’m looking for a machine that didn‘t run next to a school of Stripped Bass and then get yanked out just before it hydro locked.

·
Premium Member
16,087 Posts
Supply VS Demand. The market in these times will dictate the price unfortunately. There really isn't a glut of machines anywhere, so the price is driven up by demand. Same as cars / trucks, and everything else. Hopefully you can find something you want, at a price you're comfortable with.

Reactions: Wishlist

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Talked to a dealer today who offered a 22 red x3 ds turbo max for 30k put the door. This is the base model right? Am I really gonna miss that extra 80hp? I don’t have a lot of high speed trails but also don’t want to get left by other rzrs or can ams. This also doesn’t have a roof or the harness belts. I figure I’ll just be close to a turbo r after the add ons just to get it comfy, thoughts?

·
Premium Member
16,087 Posts
Talked to a dealer today who offered a 22 red x3 ds turbo max for 30k put the door. This is the base model right? Am I really gonna miss that extra 80hp? I don’t have a lot of high speed trails but also don’t want to get left by other rzrs or can ams. This also doesn’t have a roof or the harness belts. I figure I’ll just be close to a turbo r after the add ons just to get it comfy, thoughts?
Yes, you'll miss it. No one has ever said "I wish I had less horsepower".

Reactions: lelando42
21 - 40 of 73 Posts