Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Beginning my search for a maverick x3 of some sort and landed on this: 2021 with about 400ish miles on it. I’m new to this and want to know what to look for? Based on the pictures do y’all see any reason to pass? Dealer is asking 30k and I just want to be careful before I toss that much down on a used one. Took it for a test drive and noticed loud squeaks like the body flexing when coming off a curb. Besides that I couldn’t see much else other than worn parts.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Motor vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
118 Posts
Price wise your definitely in the ballpark. Squeaking in the suspension is common. With looks to have aftermarket exhaust. Rims tires and roof and cheap lightbar. If it wasn't wrecked or rolled seems to be a good deal. Always a gamble on used offroad machines though.

·
Premium Member
8,701 Posts
Squeaking is normal and 400 miles is nothing.

From what I've seen 30k seems fair.

Tim

·
Premium Member
16,099 Posts
Welcome from Tucson AZ. $30K is ballparkish. Squeaking as mentioned is the suspension. Comes with a light bar (make sure it works). Aftermarket tires / wheels. The wheel offset looks larger than stock, might steer harder. Good luck!

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
I do not trust dealers and would be wondering why they have such a low milage X3. Is there an intermittent engine etc. issue they are not disclosing? Are they giving you a warranty to cover just in case?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Look hard at the belly pan. Unit has the ear marks of a crawler and someone did not like the breakover angle so going for a shorter wheelbase. So ask to see the belt condition. Only takes just a few minutes to find out if original belt or replaced and that tells you good history of how hard it's been run... maybe. If they do not want to spend a few minutes to show you, walk away.

·
Registered
600 Posts
I do not trust dealers and would be wondering why they have such a low milage X3. Is there an intermittent engine etc. issue they are not disclosing? Are they giving you a warranty to cover just in case?

In the craziest market ever, why the hell would they give him anything? Buy it or the next guy walking through the door will...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all the replies, I did notice the aftermarket exhaust but also the piping to it looks a little rusty, also why would the “can am” stickers be removed? The pull handles on the doors are no longer red but almost black and dirty. I live in south ga and mud and clay is prominent but I believe they got this from a dealer auction. And the headlight trim looks like it was zip tied back together, red flags?! Thanks y’all!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Came across this too, new, Rockford fosgate roof, 30k. Really want a 4 seater but can manage with two for now, how’s the resale value on can ams? And should I be looking for any title issues on used ones?

Tire Wheel Car Sky Cloud
Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Sky

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Not a big fan of dealers either, and the sales guy is not the best. Took me on a short test which was all of down the paved road and back and I didn’t get to drive due to their waiver

·
Premium Member
2,303 Posts
Snorkels means mud n deep water ,thats hard on these guys bearings etc, my self id never buy a mudded machine

1 - 20 of 73 Posts