Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
What are good budget brand light bars that will work on the x3? Tried searching forums and could only find articles about the baja designs etc brands. What are allot of you guys running? Looking for either a 42 or 50 inch setup straight bar preferably.
I've had great luck with RigidHorse off of amazon. They're relatively inexpensive, I smack these things off tree limbs, They've been through monsoon's, the 12" ones have been submerged. 42" light bar

·
Registered
519 Posts
Here's what I use.

Less than 80 bucks!

Tim

Sea Gull Lighting Center Stage 48 in. W Stage 8-Light Chrome Vanity Light
Your friend has shared a link to a Home Depot product they think you would be interested in seeing:

Sea Gull LightingCenter Stage 48 in. W Stage 8-Light Chrome Vanity Light
Sea Gull Lighting Center Stage 48 in. W Stage 8-Light Chrome Vanity Light-4740-05 - The Home Depot
SKU# 204148145
Oh that's nice! What temperature bulbs does she have?

WAIT!!!! It's only less than $80 because it doesn't come with the lights.

·
Registered
519 Posts
I decided I wanted a shock tower light, so I'm trying out the "buy once cry once" idea and have a Baja Designs 70-1003 S8 10" Driving/Combo LED Light Bar coming. I don't think I've ever spent even half of what this thing costs on any light bar I've ever owned previously. This thing better be impressive.

·
Registered
519 Posts
My lightbar showed up yesterday. My initial quality assessment against the sub $100 bars is.... The electrical is better. It has heavier gauge wire than the cheap one's, comes with both ends of a connector, and the wire where it comes out of the housing looks better/tougher/and more waterproof, like it's a bolted in plug. I should have it installed this week and I can compare the $296 Baja 10" against a $43 RigidHorse 12" that's on the other machine.

Installation note: I never in my life would've thought I'd run out of switch room when I bought this machine with all the extra holes it came with... The DPS is already hidden in the dash because its a useless switch and now I need to find or make another hole...

·
Registered
519 Posts
Well the grass looks nice...can you aim them into the tree line so we can get a good idea of what and where they are lighting up?

That dirt road looks like an adventure just waiting!
I can do that tomorrow evening. How far away from the trees? Flat ground isn’t easy to find, there’s some kind of small hill everywhere.

Lol that dirt road takes me to the back 40 or the side 80. the side 80 (I don’t own but have full access to) is all woods and trails I made so it’s got a solid 30 minutes of trail riding for when I can’t get away.

·
Registered
519 Posts
I did a fair amount of night riding on this last trip. Between the brightness, color, and where it puts the light, the Baja bar I recently installed proved superior enough justify it's purchase. I still feel it's outrageously overpriced and Baja should be ashamed of themselves for gouging us like they are... But it's a damn nice light, and I probably wont be able to go back to a value bar ever again thanks to you @Hollywood X3 .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts