Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,611 Posts
Buy Once, Cry Once. The better light bars are certainly more expensive, but they throw more light, and have a lifetime warranty. Just things to think about.

Reactions: southboundoft

·
Premium Member
14,611 Posts
Unless the original owner sold you the car and the "lifetime warranty" on the $850 light bar only lived as long as he owned it.
Yeah, of course. But I rather own a car for 5 years or so, and if something goes bad, they replace it, than buy a $150 bar and it craps out, and your stuck with nothing. Plus you can't compare the amount of light thrown. It's all give and take. Whatever someone wants to buy is up to them.

Reactions: SUPERSMITH

·
Premium Member
14,611 Posts
You would be able to replace that 150 dollar bar 3 times before you had the same money involved.
Probably. But you'll have down time waiting for the new bar, and once again less light. It's all up to the individual on what they want, and how much money they want to spend.

Reactions: onkyo

·
Premium Member
14,611 Posts
I get trying to save a few dollars, but for me, the Baja Designs Lighting systems are hands down the best.....And yes, they are expensive......I run the 10" OnY6 on the front shock tower and the 40" on the top. Just like driving in the daytime.....Lucky my wife likes to see at night.....
Amen brother!

·
Premium Member
14,611 Posts
I decided I wanted a shock tower light, so I'm trying out the "buy once cry once" idea and have a Baja Designs 70-1003 S8 10" Driving/Combo LED Light Bar coming. I don't think I've ever spent even half of what this thing costs on any light bar I've ever owned previously. This thing better be impressive.
It will be! Plus you'll be backed by a lifetime guarantee! It throws more light than any Chinese bar double the size.

Reactions: Waveslider

·
Premium Member
14,611 Posts
And that’s 3x more $ yet… I need to take up a less expensive hobby or figure out how to double my income and still have time to play.

anyone want to sponsor me? I do dumb and exciting stuff even though no one takes pictures of it. Hahaha
Remember, Buy Once, Cry Once!

·
Premium Member
14,611 Posts
unless your like me and buy it once and warranty it a few times. :)
Keep crossing your fingers. I think after awhile even the best vendors will claim abuse (which it actually has been). Not checking a ball joint, and driving into a rock wall has nothing to do with the integrity of a part. JMO.

·
Premium Member
14,611 Posts
If you want to reach the finish line, or not walk back to camp, better understand "mechanical-sympathy". It is an art of using just the minimal amount of tension or stress on a part to get the job done. Air is virtually traction-less, makes for cool videos but does nothing to move you forward.
Well said!

·
Premium Member
14,611 Posts
I did a fair amount of night riding on this last trip. Between the brightness, color, and where it puts the light, the Baja bar I recently installed proved superior enough justify it's purchase. I still feel it's outrageously overpriced and Baja should be ashamed of themselves for gouging us like they are... But it's a damn nice light, and I probably wont be able to go back to a value bar ever again thanks to you @Hollywood X3 .
LOL! Thanks! Quality costs, unfortunately. I just spent 10 days in Baja, and when Texas Motorworx was building my truck, they asked about lighting. I told them BD, 40". They asked if I wanted the higher output bar, and I asked what that was. They said it was the same one Mencies, Steele and the other guys use.more money though. I said sure, why not. On the course down there, I radioed ahead, truck 1 looking to pass, the reply was almost the same every time, you're blinding me, you might as well, LOL.

Reactions: Sublimeshooter
1 - 10 of 10 Posts