Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are good budget brand light bars that will work on the x3? Tried searching forums and could only find articles about the baja designs etc brands. What are allot of you guys running? Looking for either a 42 or 50 inch setup straight bar preferably.

·
Registered
331 Posts
What are good budget brand light bars that will work on the x3? Tried searching forums and could only find articles about the baja designs etc brands. What are allot of you guys running? Looking for either a 42 or 50 inch setup straight bar preferably.
I've had great luck with RigidHorse off of amazon. They're relatively inexpensive, I smack these things off tree limbs, They've been through monsoon's, the 12" ones have been submerged. 42" light bar

·
Premium Member
8,258 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
331 Posts
Here's what I use.

Less than 80 bucks!

Tim

Sea Gull Lighting Center Stage 48 in. W Stage 8-Light Chrome Vanity Light
Your friend has shared a link to a Home Depot product they think you would be interested in seeing:

Sea Gull LightingCenter Stage 48 in. W Stage 8-Light Chrome Vanity Light
Sea Gull Lighting Center Stage 48 in. W Stage 8-Light Chrome Vanity Light-4740-05 - The Home Depot
SKU# 204148145
Oh that's nice! What temperature bulbs does she have?

WAIT!!!! It's only less than $80 because it doesn't come with the lights.

·
Registered
576 Posts

·
Registered
2020 X3 XRS Turbo RR
323 Posts
Here's what I use.

Less than 80 bucks!

Tim

Sea Gull Lighting Center Stage 48 in. W Stage 8-Light Chrome Vanity Light
Your friend has shared a link to a Home Depot product they think you would be interested in seeing:

Sea Gull LightingCenter Stage 48 in. W Stage 8-Light Chrome Vanity Light
Sea Gull Lighting Center Stage 48 in. W Stage 8-Light Chrome Vanity Light-4740-05 - The Home Depot
SKU# 204148145
Don't forget the inverter required to power that bad boy. https://www.amazon.com/GIANDEL-Inve...ocphy=9030115&hvtargid=pla-615504003296&psc=1

·
Premium Member
14,140 Posts
Buy Once, Cry Once. The better light bars are certainly more expensive, but they throw more light, and have a lifetime warranty. Just things to think about.

Reactions: southboundoft

·
Registered
11 Posts
If you do some digging on the enterwebz you can find a 40" rigid radiance for around $500. It's worth every penny.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Buy Once, Cry Once. The better light bars are certainly more expensive, but they throw more light, and have a lifetime warranty. Just things to think about.
Unless the original owner sold you the car and the "lifetime warranty" on the $850 light bar only lived as long as he owned it.

·
Premium Member
14,140 Posts
Unless the original owner sold you the car and the "lifetime warranty" on the $850 light bar only lived as long as he owned it.
Yeah, of course. But I rather own a car for 5 years or so, and if something goes bad, they replace it, than buy a $150 bar and it craps out, and your stuck with nothing. Plus you can't compare the amount of light thrown. It's all give and take. Whatever someone wants to buy is up to them.

Reactions: SUPERSMITH

·
Registered
264 Posts
You would be able to replace that 150 dollar bar 3 times before you had the same money involved.

·
Premium Member
14,140 Posts
You would be able to replace that 150 dollar bar 3 times before you had the same money involved.
Probably. But you'll have down time waiting for the new bar, and once again less light. It's all up to the individual on what they want, and how much money they want to spend.

Reactions: onkyo

·
Registered
32 Posts
Probably. But you'll have down time waiting for the new bar, and once again less light. It's all up to the individual on what they want, and how much money they want to spend.
I've owned 3 inexpensive Very Bright light bars and had them all on trucks, and jeeps for years. I've had exactly one $850 Brand name "lifetime warranty' bar that failed after a couple hundred miles. It wasn't any brighter than my others. That's just my experience lately.

·
Registered
2020 X3 XRS Turbo RR
323 Posts
Quality costs -- good quality ain't cheap but cheap quality also has a cost. It''s true that the higher prices don't guarantee good quality and reliability. But over the years, I found it to also be true that you usually get what you pay for, but sometimes not. So are you the kind that buys cheap and hopes you don't get what you pay for? If first cost is all that matters, your choices are easy. Made in China is your go-to source. Buying cheap is sort of like gambling, you place your bet and usually lose but sometimes you don't get what you pay for and that's like the occasional jackpot that keeps you coming back. So place your bets and see how your cheap purchase performs, you may get lucky.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I've got a few Auxbeam light bars on my machines. I got them because they were cheap, and I figured I'd replace them as they failed. Several years in... they still haven't failed.

I threw this one on the front of my kids' Ranger 150 that they drive around the neighborhood... I had to tell them not to use it, it's just too obnoxiously bright. It would super-blind cars coming at them, and people would run to their windows to see what just lit up their front room while they were watching TV. 🤣

Don't get me wrong, they're not Ridgids. And they (like a LOT of manufacturers) overstate their wattage. (If I recall, that bar actually draws about 40-50W) But they do give you a ton of light for the price.

You could always do something ridiculously overkill like this one. 😝

·
Registered
11 Posts
If you're doing 30 through the hills of west Virginia, by all means get a china light bar. If you're like me and doing 70+ across the dunes, don't be a cheap a$$..... Everyone thinks their china lights are bright and rugged till they actually own a quality light. You get quality and you don't have to worry about smacking a tree branch at 50+... Your light can take it. I've owned them all and I used to swear by china lights.... Then I aquired my first vision x light.... Then that got me to try the rest.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts