Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
base x3 max turbo, 500 some odd miles, guy supposedly traded it in to upgrade to one of the higher (faster) models.
wondering what i should be sure to look at, or keep an eye out for when i go to look it over.
never had a SxS before, am a motorcycle guy, and former offroad experience was with fullsize trucks

·
Registered
443 Posts
I just saw this you might want to view and get some tips?

·
Premium Member
10,160 Posts
Welcome from Tucson AZ. IMO, you have a great dealer in your backyard, Star Island. I bought both of my X3s there. Stop in there if this one doesn't work out.

Great video, 500 miles is really nothing. Give everything a hard look. Good luck.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome from Tucson AZ. IMO, you have a great dealer in your backyard, Star Island. I bought both of my X3s there. Stop in there if this one doesn't work out.

Great video, 500 miles is really nothing. Give everything a hard look. Good luck.
thanks, i stopped in there under the costco powersports program and frankly i wasn't impressed with the price, it seemed lower than i'd seen others getting online. although the sales guy was very helpful and didn't try to up-sell me to a more expensive model when i came in looking for information, he actually did quite the opposite.

·
Premium Member
10,160 Posts
thanks, i stopped in there under the costco powersports program and frankly i wasn't impressed with the price, it seemed lower than i'd seen others getting online. although the sales guy was very helpful and didn't try to up-sell me to a more expensive model when i came in looking for information, he actually did quite the opposite.
Well, they were thousands under the dealers in and around Tucson. I wouldn't have driven 3 + hours otherwise, LOL. Let us know how you make out.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, they were thousands under the dealers in and around Tucson. I wouldn't have driven 3 + hours otherwise, LOL. Let us know how you make out.
thanks again, just found out that they sold it on me yesterday after i'd called asking for information and they said they'd get back to me....

thousands? the costco price wasn't even a grand below invoice....how long ago had you looked?

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
base x3 max turbo, 500 some odd miles, guy supposedly traded it in to upgrade to one of the higher (faster) models.
wondering what i should be sure to look at, or keep an eye out for when i go to look it over.
never had a SxS before, am a motorcycle guy, and former offroad experience was with fullsize trucks
Yes 500 miles is nothing if it wasn't ran hard, jumped or dropped off the side of cliff or something. Should of had it's first oil change done.
Funny cause you will find more X3 MAX up for sale around 500 miles due to the fact they have the same drivetrain as the 2 seat which has much more maneuverability and lighter weight, the back seat in the MAX rides horrible for passengers if you are aggressive at all.

One reason I know is a family member just traded their MAX in for a 2 seater and the dealer as well said it was fairly common on the buyers remorse choosing the 4 seater over the 2 seater however if you have to haul more than one body then the MAX it is.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes 500 miles is nothing if it wasn't ran hard, jumped or dropped off the side of cliff or something. Should of had it's first oil change done.
Funny cause you will find more X3 MAX up for sale around 500 miles due to the fact they have the same drivetrain as the 2 seat which has much more maneuverability and lighter weight, the back seat in the MAX rides horrible for passengers if you are aggressive at all.

One reason I know is a family member just traded their MAX in for a 2 seater and the dealer as well said it was fairly common on the buyers remorse choosing the 4 seater over the 2 seater however if you have to haul more than one body then the MAX it is.
yeah it'll be a family vehicle, have 2 kids, no crazy riding, all trails/open riding around prescott area, no dunes/sand or jumping or anything like that

·
Premium Member
10,160 Posts
thanks again, just found out that they sold it on me yesterday after i'd called asking for information and they said they'd get back to me....

thousands? the costco price wasn't even a grand below invoice....how long ago had you looked?
Bought my '19 there back in August. Bought my '17 there when they first came out. Yes, thousands compared to what dealers were getting in and around Tucson.

·
Premium Member
10,160 Posts
were the tucson people charging over msrp?
They were Ride Nows, what do you think? Plus Ride Nows charge freight and prep. Star Island doesn't. I'm sorry you didn't get what you thought was a good deal. I've dealt twice with Nick, the owner's son. No complaints, easy deals.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They were Ride Nows, what do you think? Plus Ride Nows charge freight and prep. Star Island doesn't. I'm sorry you didn't get what you thought was a good deal. I've dealt twice with Nick, the owner's son. No complaints, easy deals.
i see, i honestly don't know if it was a good deal, but it wasn't much below msrp (less than a grand, including their own discount with the costco one) where i'd seen others in various places saying the costco price was2k+ below msrp
i believe nick has gone over to parts if i remember what the guy i was talking to said accurately

·
Premium Member
2,146 Posts
The only way to judge a good deal is by the out the door price, no set up or delivery will knock a couple thou. Off the price, over here in cali. Some dealers charge 2+ for set up its a joke.

·
Premium Member
753 Posts

Never heard one complaint from the anyone riding in the back of my max. As a mater of fact, it is almost impossible for me not to have a full car. Now, I will agree that it is more fun in the front than in the back, but as for the ride being horrible, I'm not so sure of any difference. Dealer will tell you anything for a sell.

·
Registered
995 Posts

90% of the time, the long car is the shizzle.

Attachments

·
Registered
108 Posts

Sorry not really buying into this statement. I regret buying my 2 seat 2015 Mav Turbo. The price point between a 2 seat and max is around $1500. The dealers in SOCAL are blowing through Max stock. They cut their 2 door orders in half because they can’t sell them. When I went to trade the 2 seater in, the dealers were all saying that there is no demand for used 2 seaters.
Yes a 4 seat is not as sporty a 2 seater, but it is damn close. (Except for a 2017 2 seater.) My wife and kids enjoy the ride in the back seats. Just my 2 cents here.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Most of the time its just me and the wife in my Max. I enjoy the longer wheelbase even if I didnt need the rear seats. Plus the storage is kick ass.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts