Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
The more I see this thing the more I think we gonna get our feelings hurt! I'm thinking it's gonna roast us! Hope I'm wrong

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
Your not wrong, we will be getting smoked. But you can modify your Mav to beat it if you dont want to feel like a loser. Only the races on a real track count anyways, so if your not doing that, modifiy the crap out out of the Mav and go spank some XP1000 A$$

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Or put 3500$ turbo kit and say bye bye popo 1000 for still less then a popo 1000
Till they slap one on too. ;) Who cares guys? Both are nice machines, it will be alright. For the trails up here at least, you can only go so fast without being completely retarded and unsafe. Both machines will get people there just fine. If you compete professionally? Sure different story. The rest of us are just pretenders. :saint:

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I was just saying for the money you can have a better built machine And More hp. For less coin
Amen. But then you'd have almost 200 HP right? Can the machine hold up with that power? No way stock clutch will hold. Drive shafts? Etc etc etc....

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
160 to170 and the drivetrain holds up pretty good and aerocharger uses a stock clutch with there low boost turbo kit but any more then that you better upgrade the clutch

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I was just saying for the money you can have a better built machine And More hp. For less coin
Yeah but its always good to keep the factory magic as long as you can. Factory magic meaning not opening the up the motor.
Although, cams might be a good idea since that is where alot ponies come from. Actually, we cant gain much performance until someone provides us a different ECU, then is game on!!!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Yeah but its always good to keep the factory magic as long as you can. Factory magic meaning not opening the up the motor.
Although, cams might be a good idea since that is where alot ponies come from. Actually, we cant gain much performance until someone provides us a different ECU, then is game on!!!

What I'm curious about, and for some reason I don't recall seeing this topic much, if ever at all on here, is when is someone going to actually go into the motor on these things? Sure you've got several turbo kits available and a few guys running them. Where's the talk of legit motor work though? I don't recall seeing a peep about anything like cams, headwork, big bore kits(Doesnt mrRPM offer a 1180 kit for the Renegade/Outlander?), high comp pistons, nothing like that, yet anyway. Surely theres more potential available once some internal work has been done.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
What I'm curious about, and for some reason I don't recall seeing this topic much, if ever at all on here, is when is someone going to actually go into the motor on these things? Sure you've got several turbo kits available and a few guys running them. Where's the talk of legit motor work though? I don't recall seeing a peep about anything like cams, headwork, big bore kits(Doesnt mrRPM offer a 1180 kit for the Renegade/Outlander?), high comp pistons, nothing like that, yet anyway. Surely theres more potential available once some internal work has been done.
Yes Mr RPM has bbk's for other CAn-Am vehicles but I dont think anyone has modified a Maverick yet. I think he said this in another thread. MrRPM is working on a new ECU first then the other BBk products can be verified to work properly in the Maverick.

·
Registered
141 Posts
The newest machine is always gonna be faster...

Next years maverick will beat that one hopefully and then y'all guys will be saying its too much when they price it at 20k also

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
its not like we didn't know poo poo was gonna answer in a few months , we just don't buy poo poo products period ..... ! lol

chit I had a rhino for 6 years im pretty happy with this mav for a few years, lol till Yamaha comes out with a sik sport sxs

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
lol till Yamaha comes out with a sik sport sxs,

There's alot of peeps waiting for that to happen

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
lol till Yamaha comes out with a sik sport sxs,

There's alot of peeps waiting for that to happen
omg I know cant believe they havnt , but they did say a new sxs every year for the next 5 years , so with in 5 years LOL we might have something

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
omg I know cant believe they havnt , but they did say a new sxs every year for the next 5 years , so with in 5 years LOL we might have something
Yep, my 5yr old Teryx will run with my Maverick but not in front. So this Maverick with a few bolt-on mods will run with anything that comes out for the next few yrs.

·
Registered
477 Posts
All about the suspension for us east coat trail riders. Hp is nice but I've rode with a strong Teryx that would keep up everywhere except rocks ,ruts and rough terrain . I would just walk off and leave him in this stuff.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts