Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Polaris brought 12 or 15 of the brand new RZR 1000 to Dunefest.
Me and my buddy have aptointments to drive at 9:30 and 10:00am, with him as my passenger me as his.
The thing looks really big in person when compared to the xp 900. It also looks really bad ass.
This is my first sxs and I have no brand loyalty (yet). Not a Can Am fanboy either like some of you guys lol.
Here are some pics I snapped of it.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
No doubt they look badass and I'm sure it will haul ass. But will it stay together is the real question.

Reactions: bulldogs101

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
???

Looks cool. I just walked through vendor row yesterday. I guess I missed it.
HOW is that even possible? :) I mean, big trucks with Poalris plastered all over them and I'm sure hundreds of people gauking at the newest thing.
OK...how many beers did you have? haha

·
Registered
210 Posts
There is always someone coming out with something better. That is how the market is everyone has to be better then the next person. Just be happy with what you have. But with the rzr what are you going to have to do before you take them out? Is my only question. I believe the roll cage on a rzr is only 1 ½ inch thick and the Maverick is 2 inches. And people are making them better and changes. The seats needs to be bolted better, and we all know about the tie rods. So is the rzr different on there’s. Just a question? :)

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Barb, they're all put together kinda cheaply.
I think that is most of the problem but most of us drive them like they are real race cars.

·
Registered
274 Posts
LOL.... I just bought my new Maverick form SK Northwest just a few Days ago...

I had inquired with he sales guy if I was making the right decision going with the Maverick over the RZR XP 900. He said they got a chance to run a RZR XP 900 with a Stage 2 kit against a Stock Maverick and the Maverick out of the box still was faster.

Wonder what the XP 1000 holds. I like the Maverick over the XP 900 Because of the speed and the Interior Layout of the Maverick. The XP 900 kinda of has a cheap cramped feeling to it. Seats look and feel cheap, Interior is just a plastic tub.

The RZR 1000 does look nice in the pics!

·
Registered
382 Posts
Record it and post a video on YouTube. I'm curious how this thing drives but the 20k price tag scares me.

·
Registered
502 Posts
OK..........maybe he took off on the rzr or something, i thought he would have updated us already:crying:I'm really anxious to hear something on the way it rides

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Barb, they're all put together kinda cheaply.
Everything is put together cheap these days. Look at RVs, many of us have toy haulers and pay a heck of a lot more for those than we do our UTVs and the RVs are really built like crap! Look at it that way and things come back into perspective. Anyhow, I really like my toy hauler (08 Rampage) and my Maverick.
Another point is, if the crappy economy didn't hurt the sand car business enough, these new UTVs are really going to make them hurt. We can now ride 2 or 4 people anywhere we want in the dunes and even keep up with most sand cars and we don't have to rebuild the engine or transmission every other season. I think we actually get a lot of value for our $20k.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
I agree on these vs a buggy! I can dune with a $140,000 Buckshot! I actually have more fun then him, cause I'm hauling azz, and he can't get it out of second gear, he's just cruising cause you can't do much more then 70 in the dunes!

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
the new rzr 1000 broke down and he is still walking back to camp ! review soon , lol

1 - 20 of 55 Posts