Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I want to go 2' deep or so in the maverick... to bottom of my seats max.. this is over my clutch cover. I dont want to snorkel it. Is there anything special i should do to my clutch housing? or anything else for that matter?

·
Registered
182 Posts
That is over the outlet for the cvt cover, you can di it as long as you keep the rpms up.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Bottom of seats your fine, my tube on my 2014 mav xrs-dps has the cvt snorkel at the back of the seat almost to the lower headrest, ive had mine up almost on my lower waist, and did not get in it, just don't floor it, paddle along

Reactions: sTa

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
right... ok so no water got into your clutch housing and got the belt wet? That clutch housing seal is my biggest concern... i will not go deep enough to get close to my intake.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I have a 2014 xrs dps also look from the back in front of the cat you can the cvt exhaust snorkels this is your lowest point for water to enter. Beside the shaft seals those I'm not sure of some are sealed good some aren't

·
Registered
415 Posts
yep the spot behind the cat, that's the one behind the seat, its actually pretty high, better than a rzr. mine is almost to the top of the wall behind the back seat, that's pretty deep water to get in past it

Reactions: sTa

·
Registered
668 Posts
Yup I've been that deep as well, but you add a lift and big tires your height will go up a lot.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Yep, with 32"s, I haven't found a need for a lift.. yet.... will only help with a lift, or be a over kill

·
Registered
99 Posts
Ive got a '13 R and the exhaust tubes for the cvt are barely over the top of the stock tires. The housing seals fine, but if your going up to the seat with water id be moving my clutch ehaust tubes up. No amount of throttle will keep the water out of those. You could probly build snorkels for just the back two easy enough. The intakes seem to be plenty hi

·
Registered
371 Posts
yep the spot behind the cat, that's the one behind the seat, its actually pretty high, better than a rzr. mine is almost to the top of the wall behind the back seat, that's pretty deep water to get in past it
Ive got a '13 R and the exhaust tubes for the cvt are barely over the top of the stock tires. The housing seals fine, but if your going up to the seat with water id be moving my clutch ehaust tubes up. No amount of throttle will keep the water out of those. You could probly build snorkels for just the back two easy enough. The intakes seem to be plenty hi

These are the tubes I was talking about the 2014's have them in the same spot along with extra one behind the seat which I believe goes up higher then the exhaust vents. Hard to tell though as the exhaust tubes make a upside down U bend at the end the water would have to get up to the U bend. My maverick has been in the shop so long I can't remember exactly how high they where it's about the factory tires but no much.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I agree, but my other concern would be you never know exactly how deep the water is, so you can't be sure you won't get water into the cvt intake. Might as well snorkel just for safety IMO

·
Registered
99 Posts
I agree, but my other concern would be you never know exactly how deep the water is, so you can't be sure you won't get water into the cvt intake. Might as well snorkel just for safety IMO
Exactly. And why mines snorkeld now haha. The u- bend in the pipes really does nothing for keeping the water out. I found out by filling my clutches with water while water wheelie-ing

1 - 12 of 12 Posts