Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just mounted the turnkey harness bar and wanna mount the go pro in the middle and looking for mount ideas. Also show us where your mounting your go pro at.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I mounted mine on the top rear of the cage. I mounted it to the base of my whip mount. Its great for when you are following because the field of view is big, but since its high up it is hard to see things like big whoops or how steep hills are. My son rode with me and held it in his hand on one ride. He put it out the side at tire level and it was pretty cool to see that view. I may try to figure a way to mount it like that. Here is a view from my current mount location.

mav.jpg

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pretty cool view. Can you post a pic of the actual mount you used to attach the go pro to the cage? Thanks

·
Registered
317 Posts
I welded a tab to the top bar on the back of the cage for my whip. I use a Tribal LED whip and the mount it came with and I used the GoPro cage mount to mount it to the actual whip mount since I could not find a 2" GoPro cage mount. I will snap a pic of it when I get home today.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I like the field of view but nothing is better than how your neck keeps the image steady when mounted on your helmet. Its actually amazing what the human body can do!

·
Registered
81 Posts
It would be cool to have an inset view of the tach and speedo in the corner as the action is happening.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts