Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dose anyone else have problems with there glove box always opening on trails is there any tricks

·
Registered
854 Posts
I have found that the grab bar right above the glove box gets loose and moves down slightly. Then the glove box hits the grab bar and doesn't close and latch all the way. Once you lift up on the grab bar it closes properly and doesn't come open.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
I have found that the grab bar right above the glove box gets loose and moves down slightly. Then the glove box hits the grab bar and doesn't close and latch all the way. Once you lift up on the grab bar it closes properly and doesn't come open.
Correct seen it alot ! I removed my handle makes the cockpit look a lot better to

·
Registered
19 Posts
That is exactly what it is, your grab bar. The other day I was adding a new switch in my switch panel and couldn't close my glove box. Come to find out I had my grab bar to far down, which kept the box cover from latching. I pulled it back up and fixed the problem.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
wack that bar up and shut that glove box these aren't rzr's with self opening glove boxes , lol

·
Registered
145 Posts
My dads Commander's glove box does this, but my Maverick does not. Thanks for the heads up, when my dad gets his Commander out from winter storage I will adjust his grab bar. He does not ride his in the salt here in Ohio.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Anyone ever add a lock to the glove box to secure a little better

·
Registered
223 Posts
Here's my quick and easy fix...
It's never come open and and the spring has never come out, in 6 months and over 600 miles. IMG_3697.jpg

FYI, this is the back of the glove box clasp.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts