Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
your grab bar is pushing down on it - or is the latch sticking ?

just pull up on grab bar

·
Hickory, NC
2,958 Posts
Not closing easy thats for sure, once its latched it stays put. My beef is how it drags the inner tunnel

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
pull ur grab bar up does that help playdoh

·
Registered
502 Posts
Mine is the same way drags the middle then doesn't latch pops open
Then I have to stop n play with it Super Glue......lol

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
weird mine shuts easy and opens easy never pops open

·
Hickory, NC
2,958 Posts
Pullin' up on the bar didnt work, it's firm. Upper plastic insert installed right, did notice its dragging the turnkey top mount a little.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
ya whats funny is there was 2 recalls to tighten the handle to so now its pushing on your glove box and they tighten it , lol

pull hard

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
My latch has never come open or anything like that but most times after I push it closed I still have to manually close the latch handle to 'lock it'. If yours won't even allow that I'm thinking the internals are hanging up and lots of cheap latches sometimes require just a bit of lube from time to time. Can you try and squirt a little silicone or WD40 in there and work the latch a few times and then see if it helps any.

·
Registered
214 Posts
My latch has never come open or anything like that but most times after I push it closed I still have to manually close the latch handle to 'lock it'. If yours won't even allow that I'm thinking the internals are hanging up and lots of cheap latches sometimes require just a bit of lube from time to time. Can you try and squirt a little silicone or WD40 in there and work the latch a few times and then see if it helps any.
That's what mine does. Mine will latch partially and I have to push the handle down to latch it fully.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Yea, I do the same sometimes but it still has a habit of poppin open rite when I hit a deep rut it a good golt but
U know what I have delt with a lot worse

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
X2!

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Never noticed a problem with mine closing or staying latched. I have noticed it rubs or catches on the center console plastic

·
Registered
1,255 Posts

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
have any of u guys cleaned lubed the latch and pulled up on the stupid grab bar making sure its not touching the dash bottom that's pushing down on the glove box not letting it latch fully ? lol

1 - 20 of 40 Posts