Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
10,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I've never been to Glamis. How far is it to run to the wall and back to camp? Glamis is only 40 miles long right?
It was around 88 miles round trip. Dunes you never really go straight. I got back to camp with around a gallon of gas left. Mega ran out of gas with about 10 miles to go. When we do that ride we bring extra fuel. I had a 3 gallon rotapak.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
was wondering where mega went!

·
Registered
293 Posts
It was around 88 miles round trip. Dunes you never really go straight. I got back to camp with around a gallon of gas left. Mega ran out of gas with about 10 miles to go. When we do that ride we bring extra fuel. I had a 3 gallon rotapak.
Well that's a good poke in the sand. Sounds like a blast. I'd like to make a trip down there the end of this year.

·
Registered
10,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Well that's a good poke in the sand. Sounds like a blast. I'd like to make a trip down there the end of this year.
It is worth the drive to experience Glamis at least once.

Reactions: 2020RR and McCarthy

·
Registered
2 Posts
How wide are the 72" X3's with the paddle tire set up? Think ill have to do some trailer modifications to make mine fit with the paddles

·
Registered
10,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
How wide are the 72" X3's with the paddle tire set up? Think ill have to do some trailer modifications to make mine fit with the paddles
I am right around 80"-81" in the rear and the front is a little narrower.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Those little dunes can get you. Especially in the current conditions. Back when I had a Rhino I put it on it's side in the small dunes. On the wife's side of course. LOL! Kid was sound asleep in the back seat and woke up to a sideways world. I did get long travel suspension out of that deal for safety purposes, at least that is why I told my wife we needed it.
We camp at wash 16 and call the baby bowls at wash 14 "Gate Keeper". I've had 3 newbie rollovers there. Despite me telling people when in doubt, throttle out, they freeze and smash the brake when they feel the car start to tip. Gate keeper usually only breaks whips, coolers and pride...

·
Registered
10,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 · (Edited)
We camp at wash 16 and call the baby bowls at wash 14 "Gate Keeper". I've had 3 newbie rollovers there. Despite me telling people when in doubt, throttle out, they freeze and smash the brake when they feel the car start to tip. Gate keeper usually only breaks whips, coolers and pride...
We camp in Wash 16 sometimes. Those little dunes are definitely the gate keeper. The bigger dunes are the turtle makers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
21 - 36 of 36 Posts