1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
9,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
854 Posts
That is awesome! Anytime you can get a judge to allow more areas to play in is a big plus! One of my biggest hobbies is 4 wheel'n/rock crawling and in this Liberal azz state they are trying to close down as much as they possibly can. This is huge. All you ever hear are all the tree huggers trying to close everything up, so to hear this is hopefully just the beginning of many more trails to open.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
so cool

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Did not see this posted. The judge has made her ruling on the closures in Glamis and BLM RAMP plan. Looks like us sand rats will have more dunes to play in next season: big smile:

Imperial Sand Dunes Recreation Area Set to Change Closures this Fall (4-7-2014)
'Bout DAMN time! It's been 14 long years since the eco-idiot wacko birds got all that area shut down. Been going to the dunes since '89. My favorite riding areas have always been in the part that was shut down. It will be so good to get it back! This is a rare victory for all of us! For the longest time I doubted it would ever happen.

·
Registered
9,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hopefully they can get that weed de-listed and then the critical habitat designation would be gone as well.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Score one for Freedom! Probably short lived though, tree-huggers always looking to sue big bro to take away what belongs to the public in name of something insane!

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Great news indeed, but Im sure the fight is not over. Somewhere there is another judge that will overturn this ruling and postpone this ruling for further review. However, we can at least hope that it will indeed be opened again.

·
Registered
9,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Reactions: szewczyd

·
Registered
9,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Great news indeed, but Im sure the fight is not over. Somewhere there is another judge that will overturn this ruling and postpone this ruling for further review. However, we can at least hope that it will indeed be opened again.
The enviros can file an appeal, but unlikely it is accepted and the ruling overturned.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
The enviros can file an appeal, but unlikely it is accepted and the ruling overturned.
Remember we're talking about our legal system and lawyers, so nothing is ever written in stone!!

·
Registered
9,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I know, but the appeal will be an uphill battle for them, if they choose to go that route.

Based on the ruling I don't think they have much to grasp on to.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Hopefully they can get that weed de-listed and then the critical habitat designation would be gone as well.
Here's the deal on the vetch milk weed. The tree huggers claimed we were killing it and that it only grows in the Algadones dunes. After 10 years (of a 5 year planned closure to study), independant research showed that the vetch milk weed was actually growing better in the areas we were still allowed to ride. The buggies, quads ans sxs's actually spread the seeds and pollen more so the vetch milk weed was reproducing much better in the riding areas, than it was in the closure areas. 4 more years of appeals from the tree huggers still kept us out. Last October they filed thier last appeal. After review once again by the judge, we were granted almost 60k acres of the 80k they took away. There will still be an out of bounds area on the west side along sand hwy stretching from Roadrunner to Patton valley but it's only about a 1/4 mile wide. The rest is ours to play in. :big smile: And to the tree hugging libtards...:tongue:

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Heck, BLM already has a map at the Buttercup ranger station on the bulliten board showing the newly opened riding area.

·
Registered
9,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You go Andy

·
Registered
217 Posts
ive never been out west but they are doing the same thing here on the east coast. shutting down some of the best riding in the country because of tree huggers and enviro activist.

·
Registered
854 Posts
A little off the main topic here, but are there SxS clubs that you can join that pay in to help keep public lands open to the public?????? I'm a part of Cal4wheel which is huge to help keep what trails we have left open for the 4 wheel drive community or the worthless tree huggers would close everything down. It would be nice to see the SxS community get involved as well and fight off all of those those azzwipes trying to close everything down! Sorry for the short rant but there is a lot of work to keep our trails open like the Rubicon Trail. If you guys/gals know of any clubs that fight for our land use in the SxS community, please post it up.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
You go Andy
I'll go alright...to the Wall, the Ceiling, the plane crash, the bus, the well, and to the goldfish just to name a few. Places I haven't been in a very long time, and IMHO some of the best dunes on the planet.....:big smile:

Ever look at the dunes on Google maps? Check out how big the dunes just north of Patton Valley are in satellite veiw.:cool2:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts