Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
think it might been a good idea to do the IQS too tiny bit stiff at low speeds
The IQS will help. You will still feel the small stuff at lower speeds,,, and the small chop that is out there lately will still rattle your teeth, but it will be "better".

I run in soft setting only while running slow or in mostly smooth stuff,,, but never run soft at even a medium pace.

I run medium 90% of the time.

If I see a G-out, set of high speed whoops, or we're just it some really nasty stuff, and we're getting after it, I'll throw it into Stiff until I'm through it,,, then back to Medium.

I'm getting better at changing the settings on the fly,,, and I can feel if I'm in the wrong setting now by how the car is working. It wasn't that way for me at first. If you go the IQS route,,, give it some time before you decide about it.

You may know your car well enough at this point to feel the "magic" right off,,, I had to learn the car a bit first.

Knowing what I know now,,, I would do it again.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I found medium was fine for cruising but when I was following the sand car I was on stiff the whole time and ran out of gas in 2 hours. In 4 days I went through well over 30 gallons. It felt really good being able to keep up and I could not have done it without having the suspension. Almost as much fun as duning is meeting so many nice people really makes me want to come back.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
F.Y.I. my dogs were off leash under voice control the whole time and only had to explain service dog law to one cocky local sheriff. Please don't try this if you are not working with trained animals.

·
Premium Member
1,122 Posts
Great catching up with you out there. Hopefully the wind didn't dampen your experience over the weekend, safe travels back up to you're stoping grounds wonder with the shocks and springs how it will do for you on the Rubicon

Great Dog's too boot! Betting the LE guys would loved to had them in the back seat of the unit.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I didn't have an issue with the wind since it smoothed out the chop and with a pumper you don't even notice. The dogs were a big help meeting people since they are so well behaved and pretty unlike me. I had so much fun I almost want to split my time between trails and sand. Maybe that will justify a second car. Stay tuned

·
Premium Member
3,301 Posts
Anyone know where I could get a secondary roller in glamis?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
11,171 Posts
Anyone know where I could get a secondary roller in glamis?

If KWI, or MTS aren't there, choices are few. Best I can think of is find somebody online that has it, and pay to overnight it to Gilmores. I've done that at least a half dozen times when I desperately needed a part. Good luck.

Reactions: GloverXRS

·
Premium Member
3,301 Posts
Thanks guys got it handled.

·
Premium Member
3,870 Posts
F.Y.I. my dogs were off leash under voice control the whole time and only had to explain service dog law to one cocky local sheriff. Please don't try this if you are not working with trained animals.

The problem is people bring dogs and leave them off leash, they don't watch them, the dogs wander off and instigate other dogs, the fireworks at night scare the shit out of them. People that bring dogs to the dunes are same people that let their little kids ride without helmets and are nowhere to be see while the kids are out acting stupid not being trained or the parents are drunk and don't have a clue. My dogs and my kids when they went never left my sight or were in the rv.

No dogs have fun at the dunes, I understand travelers have no choice but sitting in the trailer and constant commotion is not fun for them. We quit bringing ours due to this, glad you at least have trained dogs.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I burned almost 35 gallons in 4 days which left the rest of my time in camp and walking around making new friends. My two belgian malinois love guns but fireworks do freak them out so they just hop in the camper. I agree most people should not own dogs or raise kids for that matter. Glamis in my opinion is not perfect but I hear things used to be a lot worse. I was surprised how much drinking and driving there was seeing how many rangers there were. Like my friend says about Tahoe it's full of assholes but at least they are assholes on vacation.

·
Premium Member
2018 Maverick X3 XRC Turbo R
192 Posts
The problem is people bring dogs and leave them off leash, they don't watch them, the dogs wander off and instigate other dogs, the fireworks at night scare the shit out of them. People that bring dogs to the dunes are same people that let their little kids ride without helmets and are nowhere to be see while the kids are out acting stupid not being trained or the parents are drunk and don't have a clue. My dogs and my kids when they went never left my sight or were in the rv.

No dogs have fun at the dunes, I understand travelers have no choice but sitting in the trailer and constant commotion is not fun for them. We quit bringing ours due to this, glad you at least have trained dogs.
You haven't met Ken's dogs. When he's not around, they're the most ferocious property protectors around. And they absolutely won't stray from the cab of his truck, left un-attended with the door open.
When Ken is around, the dogs are the friendliest, stick fetching dogs you'll ever meet!

Reactions: R.Snape

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
You haven't met Ken's dogs. When he's not around, they're the most ferocious property protectors around. And they absolutely won't stray from the cab of his truck, left un-attended with the door open.
When Ken is around, the dogs are the friendliest, stick fetching dogs you'll ever meet!
Thanks Tyler, Do you have any rides planned? I am trying to get someone to check out Sand mountain or I would love to do another trip to Glamis but I don't think going alone on a non holiday weekend would be wise.

·
Premium Member
2018 Maverick X3 XRC Turbo R
192 Posts
I'm up for a spring Sand Mountain trip. I'd have to make it a weekend trip and hold my son out of school for a Monday or Friday to make it worthwhile.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts