Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning my first trip to Glamis and would like to meet people to ride with. My car has coms and paddles but the driver is a little sketchy. I'm having iqs installed the11th at the shock therapy tent so any days before and after. I'm also needing suggestions on where to park my rig which consists of a 4wd dually with 11' camper pulling a 20' cargo trailer. My 2 belgian malinois will be camping with me so anywhere I go needs to be dog friendly.

·
Premium Member
3,290 Posts
When will you be leaving?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hoping to be there by the 9th so I can get a spot. Any suggestions are appreciated where to park.

·
Premium Member
7,431 Posts
Your best best is a spot in the washes for availability.

Tim

Reactions: AZ Off Road

·
Premium Member
1,105 Posts
If your a light sleeper it’s not much different than the all night riders all around you

Seem the furthest wash was is quite away from the tracks

If you want to get away from folks, west of Gecko road along the canal was one spot I used to go to . Gecko will get busy that weekend but you’ll be there before most arrive

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, I need to be close to vendor row so it looks like the washes. Can anybody tell me where vendor row is. I assume it is near vista line road. I also need to know if having my dogs in the car is legal when I'm just cruising around getting a lay of the land.

·
Premium Member
1,105 Posts
No its like AZ no dogs in cars unless you BP/ or the POPO m. if you have A/C in the cab over keep them in there Should be cool

ST says 1st come 1st served should be cool early that the window might be enough

Roll up somewhere ne’er the trailer unload and get inline

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks, WTF is wrong with dogs in cars? I usually get along with cops but it seems like you have to be a metrosexual snowflake nowadays in Ca. to wear a badge.

·
Premium Member
1,105 Posts
Cop’s just do the enforcing! I got no issues with them, Its all the doo-gooders

Watch for Anamal control they carry a big stick to open windows, dogs can suffer pretty quick if in a car even in cool ambient air temperature. Its the solar radiation that gets them even in the winter. When we had big dogs it was harder nobody was comfortable with two Whimes going in a store go figure! The biggest goofs. Now we have Chihuahuas way easier better behaved than kids

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The car is getting iqs today and the dogs are loving life as much as me now. The chaos hasn't started yet but it's great being around normal like minded people. So far best vacation ever.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I got there at 6:15 #3 in line and I had iqs, rebuilds and springs done by 11:30. I'll come say hi in the morning. Ill be the guy with 2 belgian malinois.

·
Premium Member
1,105 Posts
Sounds good! so I should get there earlier than did you end up parking behind the vendor pad ?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
On my 3rd day I followed a blown 1000rwhp sand car and the suspension was perfect after a crossover ring adjustment to prevent stuffing. Best vacation ever

·
Premium Member
1,105 Posts
Oh, Man! Glad it's working out

Hopefully they wing didn't sideline ya to bad Saturday

I'm so happy with the work ST on my car kinda think it might been a good idea to do the IQS too tiny bit stiff at low speeds

Was the supercharged sxs one of these it is a LS and the other a Supra motor + 1000 hp

It's only money

1 - 20 of 37 Posts