Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We will be headed out Friday night. We'll be in wash 2 if anyone else is man enough to bear the heat...lol. I'll be back out there the following weekend as well. I guess THAT will be the last trip...or not...

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
andy jimmy and a few others will be in wash6 , he had the silver r1 rhino few weeks ago when u meet mega up there

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great. What's the tear down for?

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jimmy? Like in launch my R1 6 feet vertical Jimmy??? lol

·
Registered
317 Posts
You're a brave man Andy, supposed to be around 95 out there this weekend! Its killing me to see the mav sitting in the garage.....

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
95? thats it? Hell, and I thought it was gunna be warm.......

·
Registered
4,536 Posts

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was right behind him. V-E-R-T-I-C-A-L . Landed it vertical too...lol Nose 1st and popped the bead on the right front.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
lol no way ., oh shoot I think he bent a tie rod to didn't he ?

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No no...that was earlier in the morning...lost the bolt for the tie rod to the spindle along with the misalignments. Sent me off to Joe Fab to get parts with his 50k limit CC. I should just kept going...lol. There was mucho carnage that weekend. Kerry blew a rear tire almost completely off the rim. Mega got it to seat it with the old starter fluid trick. I think Jimmy got a video of that one. JoeCanAM rolled his Maverick, lost his Go Pro, popped his RR off the rim. Kerry rolled his Rhino. I had to help pull him out, and roll it back on it's wheels. I bent a tie rod going off a 10 to 15 foot drop off... There wasn't many in the group that didn't have something happen that weekend lol.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
holy moly, lol ya I seen the video of mega and tire, im usually always with jimmy but I missed that weekend and this weekend , lol , be safe and look out for jimmy jumping out there, lol

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Great. What's the tear down for?
I pulled the front shocks to revalve them and paint the springs. Sense I had it apart, I figured I'd pull the upper a arms to paint them. With the upper a arms off, I figured I'd pull a lower a arm to make a jig so I can make my own a arm when I bend one. Then, I noticed how much slop was in the bolts that hold the a arms on! The frame mount holes are way too big. A 7/16" bolt fits in them perfect, so I'm machining out the a arm bushings to accept the larger bolt. And while everything is apart, I'm going to weld washers to the mount holes and do a little plating for strength. I'll prolly finish it up Saterday.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hope you git'r done. If not we'll be back out on the 26th.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well looks like a no go this weekend...daughter is hatching another kid. Makin me a grandpa x3

1 - 15 of 15 Posts