Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I'm coming to glamis next nov already made up my mind. Car will be ready to go way before then will have my clutches and paddles by then hope to see some of you guys there. Not sure what the dates are going to be yet. Should be out there for about 5 days before heading back to Michigan. Can't wait should be a good time. Quick question, is there some type of orv decal I'm going to need and do any of you have a link to it? Also what are the requirements? I'll have my whips with me so no worries there. Thanks guys

Chris

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
u talking 2014 November ? yes u need a cali orv sticker 25$ I think

unless u have a street legal AZ plate

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
You'll need helmets. I believe there's some kind of temporary sticker for out-of-state visitors, but I haven't seen anybody ever messed with getting one. As long as you've got some kind of registration from your state attached to the vehicle in plain sight I doubt it'll be a problem. If you have your whip attached to the front of your Maverick be prepared to get laughed at! You also need to buy the one week Glamis pass for $35

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Lmao no my whips are in the back on the cage. Silverlake here in michigan makes u do that. Yes it will be nov of 2014. What helmets are prefered choice out the motocross style with goggles or full face?

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Any DOT helmet but most people use the Mx style. Damn Nov 2014? Think your planning far enough in advance?

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Lmao no my whips are in the back on the cage. Silverlake here in michigan makes u do that. Yes it will be nov of 2014. What helmets are prefered choice out the motocross style with goggles or full face?
Nov 2014 is TOO far away...that's like 5 yrs away in the "desert season time continuum"! :haha: Nov 2013 is much closer.
When you do make it out here, you're not gonna want to go home. :smile:

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nov 2014 is TOO far away...that's like 5 yrs away in the "desert season time continuum"! :haha: Nov 2013 is much closer.
When you do make it out here, you're not gonna want to go home. :smile:
Ya I know when i was in the marines I was stationed at el toro/tustin and at mcas yuma. i bought a quad then and was riding all over out there. Believe me i didnt want to come back either and have been wanting to go back since. Ya nov is a yr away but christmas is around the corner and sled season so I dont have the ben franklins right now but will have plenty of them come next nov. I cant wait its going to be a blast. Plus I have relatives in santee I want to get over there and see them If I can.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Ya I know when i was in the marines I was stationed at el toro/tustin and at mcas yuma. i bought a quad then and was riding all over out there. Believe me i didnt want to come back either and have been wanting to go back since. Ya nov is a yr away but christmas is around the corner and sled season so I dont have the ben franklins right now but will have plenty of them come next nov. I cant wait its going to be a blast. Plus I have relatives in santee I want to get over there and see them If I can.
Oh how funny, we live in Santee also. Well, I guess start the count down then..... 365 days and a wake up!

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lol yup

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Socalmav, did you grow up there in santee?

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh ok. I was just wondering

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Man wish i could move out there but i have to much time invested in my job to pack up and leave.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
I'm from MN, went to Glamis 2 yrs ago and I didn't have to do anything with the registration, just the camping pass. I bought that at the ranger station on site, you can save some money if you buy it before you get there!! I had a lot of fun with my RZR 800, can't wait to get back there with my Mav, it will be a whole different ball game!! Gonna try to make it for Prez day 14. Will try to hook up with some of you guys when it gets closer.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Gonna try to make it for Prez day 14. Will try to hook up with some of you guys when it gets closer.
There will be a big groups of guys from the Teryx forum out there that weekend. It's always a good weekend.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Yeah that's when we went 2 yrs. ago, was a blast, with all the people and vendors. We staye d in my buddies toy hauler, but it won't be available this year. Anyone know where & how much to rent a camper? We might even stay close by in a motel, not sure yet, still planning.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Thanks for the link Andy. I might have to rent in the spring if I can't sell my travel trailer by then and pick up a toy hauler.....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts