Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 490 Posts

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious who will be spending their Christmas to New years vacation in Glamis.
Looking like I will be camping somewhere in the washes. Possible wash 10 or higher from Friday 12/27 to Tuesday 12/31
Will be camping with some SxS buds from the Teryx forum.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I was told this afternoon that we may be in washes 4-7 depending on how crowded it is by Friday. I guess we have between 10-20 rigs showing up. So we'll need a big area.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
That's the plan Marty...we'll see whats up with work. I picked a nice side job,so that and a couple weeks worth of unemployment...I should be good to go.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
What??? Your not at that new company anymore? WTH!
Should be a good fun group.

·
Registered
410 Posts
That's the plan Marty...we'll see whats up with work. I picked a nice side job,so that and a couple weeks worth of unemployment...I should be good to go.
Yeah!? What's the deal? Work slowing down in your area again?

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
The deal is this. The company I worked for for the past 11 years, and worked my way to being one of thier top foremans closed thier doors after 41 years in business. I found a new job pretty quick, but now instead of being at the top of the totem pole, I'm at the bottom, starting all over again. This is typically the slow time of year for commercial construction. Out of a 30 man crew at the new company, about 1/2 are working, and it aint the 1/2 I'm in. Sucks ass being the FNG.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So we will see out in the dunes over the holiday right?
If so, come by the camp and I make ya an apple pie moonshine drink!!

·
Registered
309 Posts
What about Lax Andy, I know they have a bunch of millwights and iron workers out there......I dunno about carpenter's though, I can ask a friend.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
I took 1 day off for Halloween, and the MF'r threw that in my face Monday when I called in trying to get an address for work. I know whats going to happen...The regulars at the new company are going to want those days off over the holidays, and I'll get the call to go work...I can see it coming... :disappointed:

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
What about Lax Andy, I know they have a bunch of millwights and iron workers out there......I dunno about carpenter's though, I can ask a friend.
Actually got a call into one of the union contractors that has a job going at the Bradley terminal. It might pan out, being they'er doing some fabric ceilings with a system I'm very familiar with. We'll see...fingers crossed.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I took 1 day off for Halloween, and the MF'r threw that in my face Monday when I called in trying to get an address for work. I know whats going to happen...The regulars at the new company are going to want those days off over the holidays, and I'll get the call to go work...I can see it coming... :disappointed:
That sucks. Hope it works out for you man..... Employment wise.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
I plan to be somewhere around wash 4 I think.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Be there the 27th through the 1st out in the sand a couple hundred yards off the south gecko loop. Luckily my company shuts down from the 25th to the 2nd with pay! :money:

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have a buddy camping around pad 2.5 on Gecko so may I'll see ya when I visit him during the afternoon drags.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well I'm camping with a group of Kawi riders.

1 - 20 of 490 Posts