Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the maverick out today and noticed on a few high speed runs my rpms was dropping off at wide open throttle. I know a cvt will drop slightly but if I remember correctly I think usaguys maverick had the wrong program on it, so I'm just curious.
Can am mav speed - YouTube
Watch this vid and if anyone else can chime in I appreciate it

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
I'd say get a hundred or two miles on it, and then check again. Every where I ride has bumps and bushes, so it hard to pay attention to the speed and tachometer. I believe mine revs out to 7900 and holds it. I'll check tomorrow morning and let you know. I'll try and take a video for ya. You did hit 7900 rpm at the end.

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
835 Posts
In the sand it drops due to the poor spring in the secondary. In the dirt it will drop but not much. The fix is a stiffer spring which I got from adam.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds like its just the nature of the beast.. I'll take it the dealer and have them check it out for its 10 hr service

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
I checked today, and my rpm looks just like yours.
since you broke ur damn bolt doing this test for mr cmore butts, he owe;s u BIG !!! lol

·
Registered
4,536 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Glamisfan I hate to see that clutch come apart like that.. Looks like mine could be next

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
It sucks! When the Mav was announced, I joined the Commander forum and researched their reliability. I saw that the primary, and the rear diff input seal and noise were the main problems.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts