Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For sure this time. Daughter still hasn't hatched the kid yet (probably tommorow).

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
eff that! too hot for me. Maybe a full moon night ride this summer. for the most part i am hanging up the Maverick for the summer, see you biys in the sand after halloween.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
F'n sissy...lol. Put on your big girl panties n ride.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Headed out to the garage to load up. Leaving tommorow afternoon, I'll be down at Gecko loop about 8-9 pm, if any of you fair weather girly men wanna come out n ride. It's gunna be WARM. Prolly upper 90's...but screw it, I gotta ride. Besides, isn't that why God created cold beer ?

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Next time...

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well it was another great weekend. Started out getting the truck n trailer stuck in the sand. Spent 2 hours digging it out. WOOHOO! My generator on the trailer shit the bed. That meant no A/C ( it got up around 98-99 on Sat.), no microwave (most of our food was microwave stuff), and no a/c power for the compressor (remember I got stuck? I had to air down both truck and trailer). My little backup compressor that plugs into a power point got the trailer pumped up, but wouldn't do the truck tires, and overloaded or something, and blew something out on my truck (fuses are good) so now none of the power points work. Then the fuel pump for my pump station died. Ended up cutting one of my water hoses to siphon gas out of the fuel tank. For you all you Glamis rats out there, I rode my stock (other than airdam clutch) Maverick up Patton Valley. If the hill was 5 feet longer I wouldn't have made it, but I figure that ain't bad for running knobbies. 2 RZR XP's were simply amazed I made it. Both were new machines with stock tires, but they wouldn't even attemp it. So inspite of all the other b.s. happening, it was STILL a great weekend.:big smile:

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Guess I'm off to C/L, fleabay or Amazon to find a generator...phhht

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Wow holy moly what a trip damn no gen no Ac 100 degrees out then no air for tires god damn !!!

Btw I run 25x10x12 8 paddle Skats with smoothies and they rip and pull hard about 4 lengths on Stock tire Mav ! So that hill is no biggie !! Lol

Sent from my maverick using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wow holy moly what a trip damn no gen no Ac 100 degrees out then no air for tires god damn !!!

Btw I run 25x10x12 8 paddle Skats with smoothies and they rip and pull hard about 4 lengths on Stock tire Mav ! So that hill is no biggie !! Lol

Sent from my maverick using Tapatalk 2
No, I wouldn't imagine it would be a problem with paddles. Now that I've done Patton, I can honestly say a stock Mav can pull any hill in Glamis, Gordon's or Buttercup. I wish we could still ride to the Wall or the Ceiling. It's been many years, but as I recall those 2 hills were the biggest and steepest.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
No, I wouldn't imagine it would be a problem with paddles. Now that I've done Patton, I can honestly say a stock Mav can pull any hill in Glamis, Gordon's or Buttercup. I wish we could still ride to the Wall or the Ceiling. It's been many years, but as I recall those 2 hills were the biggest and steepest.
u did patton in Gordon wells or in glamis , ?

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Patton Valley is at Gordons well (near it anyway).We rode sand hwy down there and back.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Patton Valley is at Gordons well (near it anyway).We rode sand hwy down there and back.
ahh ok cool , I like it over there at gordons, I seen the wildcat with 28.5 pitbull tires barley crawl over tha top of patton on turkey day it was a guys in our camp,

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
To fix the fuel pump, take the cover off it, pull out the plastic gears, and sand down the outside of the teeth. The plastics swells over time, and it locks up. Simple fix, and FREE!

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks Steve, I'll try that. No Mike...It was still a good trip. I gotta go out n RIDE. The Mav ran fine, everything else was just an inconvenience. Don't you remember the days of dry camping? lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts