Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Hood

I picked up my new 2022 XRS Turbo RR W/SS yesterday. Been adding a few things like lower doors, door handles, door openers and moving the Device holder and Particle Separator over from my 2018. While I had the center cover off to run the wires to the PS I took a minute to look everything over on the front of the engine. I noticed something odd about the way the boot from the airbox to the turbo looked. Looking closer I found what it was. The boot was only on the front side of the turbo. Glad I saw it and corrected it before I hit the dusty trails this weekend. Only drove it around my yard a little bit yesterday.
Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Bumper

·
Registered
104 Posts
Attention to detail, fit and finish is pure garbage.

·
Registered
233 Posts
That's a good catch right there! I rebuilt an engine due to the same thing happening from the factory
It was an older 800 and didn't last 50hrs on the original owner. He sold it to me for 800 bucks because he was so pissed it blew up.
The rings got sanded down and started passing oil and burning it. Got low on oil and caused a spun bearing. He couldn't figure out how come it was new but knocking and smoking.
You literally saved yourself that same faith by catching it early.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Sweet upgrade! Congrats. Remember, that same haste in assembly was applied to every bolt & screw. Run a torque wrench over all your suspension components to save yourself some headaches.
See ya on the trail.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yikes! Great catch there!!! I wonder if that assembly tech gets home thinking how great of a job he's doing when he managed to shave off yet another minute from his best time?

Sent from my Device using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts